Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

First off, when we got to 3 hrs on xbox, our team suddently disappeared, so we couldn't try and get a lower time. I have no doubt that our times would have been much lower if our team had stayed together. We knew each other pretty good, and knew what our roles were.

Secondly, on the xbox, everything was new to us, we didn't have any Japanese players that I hear so much about taking us through these stages, and learning from them. We had to learn on the go. We were happy with the 3 hr mark because it was never done on xbox. Basically we were pioneers on TA for ep2 on the xbox.

Don't get me wrong, when I heard that Sitka had a chance to play with some Japanese player, I was jealous, I would love to see how I stacked up to them.

Sitka, we did get the squid trick to work, they just moved the spot a little over to the right, so that one works. I have no idea about the other thing. Problably still works. Didn't want to try and explain it, or possibly waist a scape trying it and it didn't work.

And as faar as the fo's go, that was alsways the thing that psiied me off being a fo, seeing someone die with 10 mates on them, and having them ask me, "You have resta, right?", and my response, "You have mates, right? Use them! They cost a hell of a lot less then that scaoe you just waisted."

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Shigecki on 2005-12-14 21:27 ]</font>

Tested by pirates.

Squid (sinow) Trick:

This is where you want to stand, but a bit to the right on the 2nd square works, too.
    http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b1...e_exposure.jpg

Ready?

Smack down!

C mode Force

Fair enough comments from all.
    Shigecki, you only need to watch Del's videos to see the Japanese in action. Even in those videos, the game play is not perfect, and the weapon drops certainly aren't; don't think all Japanese players are pros, because I can tell you there are plenty of poor players as well.
    Sitka, getting to Gal Gryphon in 5:50 is not a good time. You need to be getting there in maybe 4:30 or less. Playing with Rubicon, Chronolink, Saiffwin?(sorry Saiffy, I don't remember if you played that time) Mecky Messer etc (no Japanese players), we got there usually between 4:20 and 4:40. In a Japanese team I joined, we got there in 4:10.
    Yes, playing with Japanese players can be great, but it can be unrewarding, too. I played in a 4 Force E2C3 team, and every time we got to 10 minutes, they quit the game, as 10 minutes was not good enough for them. The fact that my time was a lot worse didn't bother them.
    None of my times were with Japanese teams - yes, maybe on Gamecube it is a lot easier to learn the tricks to achieve good times, but you still need a good team more than anything else; Rubicon and Chronolink were as good as any Japanese I played with (and a lot better at Episode 2 than me!!), and a lot more fun to play with as well. If Del had stayed online, that would have been an awesome trio.
    Notos, good work, I didn't realise you could do the Sinow trick so early (have to try it in my next 2 player run!).

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SLON on 2005-12-15 05:03 ]</font>

Old Man

Well Shigecki, sounds like we've been fairly challenged.

I couldn't stay on last night as some issues came up and tonight will probably be bad as well, but Friday night could be a good night if you can drag Mo away from Halo and Notos can drink enough coffee to stay up for a bit.

Saturday morning is also good for me.

I think I need to get in there and start running those maps and relearning how to play.

And I thought 12 minutes was good for E2C3 - sheesh!

Let's give this thing a serious go.

Slon, sorry my man, I hace no idea who Del is or where to view his video.

Slon, from what I have read on this forum, you seem like someone I wish I had been able to do some challenge runs with. So I hope you don't sense any hard feelings on my part.

Sitka, I want to get at least one more ep2 srank before I start getting serious about TA. Still trying to get my ep1 time to under 4hrs too. Finding a team is so freaking hard on BB well at least one that wants to stay together and TA. Anyway, I digress. Friday night sounds good to me, and I'll be available Sa#$@?day (lol) morning too.

Tested by pirates.

Old Man

Well geck, now that the preliminaries (2 x exp, holiday crap, etc, etc) are largely over, I think we can get serious about c-mode. Notos/Bless seems inspired and if we can duct-tape Mo to a PSO chair and off his Halo fixation, we can have a regular team thing.

Curacklin has even talked about coming back and if he does, you can bet we can talk Mero into it again. It would sure be fun to get the old group back together again. Did CL really disappear?

(waxes nostalgic)

Anyway, we just gotta start attacking that thing for real now and obliterate that 3-hour mark.

I look forward to seeing you Friday night (warning, Sitka's rusty - of course you saw that on ep 1 the other night - and objects in the rear view mirror may be larger than they appear -

is that a Delbiter in your pocket or are you just happy to see me?

See you Friday mate.

C mode Force

Shigecki, check out the sticky at the top of the forum. Del is yellow5 (sorry, Del is his cmode Hucast), and if you follow the link to his website, you can download his Ep2 cmode runs. These are well worth watching because (a) you get to see good players in action (check out some of those times), and (b) you can analyze their team play and learn something you didn't know (as well as spotting mistakes!!).
    Sitka, to be honest I think a time of approx 15 minutes is good enough in e2c3. Of course we would all like a sub 10 minute time, but I find replaying this particular map over and over to be quite tedious.
    If you guys are still on Blue Burst later in 2006, I will be glad to link up with you for some cmode. Episode 1 is my strength, but I can get by on Ep2 as well.
    Good luck!!

I'm interested, though I'll need to get used to BB first: I'm having trouble with the keyboard, so I'll probably need to get me a controller before even thinking of TA. ;o
    Also, I can't play a lot, and I'm not sure for how long I'll be playing on BB.

I do have cmode expierence, but I'm a bit rusty at the moment.

If you'd still like me to join your "gang" I'd be happy to. Just let me know when and where!

Old Man

Sure, join us.

We'll probably set up shop in Coeus 3 and once we get four, go.

If we have less than four, we can always jump down and learn maps.

4h on ep1 is a very realistic goal now. My time is around 4:15 and I have a very bad c7 and a not so good c9. It shouldn't be too hard to bring it to less than 4h. However, 3:30 is an entirely different story...

3h on ep2 doesn't sound too hard. Didn't one of you said average time is 40 to 50 minutes on c4? That's about half an hour of improvement there. And c3 can easily be improved by 7 minutes or so with the right class. Our c1, c2 and c5 time are not so good. But we did made a lot of mistakes and generally got into each other's way. I'm sure they can be improved with a bit more practice and communication. Oh and teach me how to tell which gol dragon is the real one. I can't figure it out... The guide said the real one pops out from the ground first, but I see them poping out at the same time.

Unlike all of you who have already gotten tons of s ranks in previous versions of PSO, I've only really gotten a chance to play cmode on BB. I still want to get a shot, twin, wand and maybe rod for ep1. For ep2, I still want a scythe, launcher and a j cutter. But getting s rank can wait till we happen to do a stage I need on a new char or when helping new players.

ChronoLink, you can get an adaptor so that you can use gamecube, xbox, etc. controller on your PC here:
    http://www.lik-sang.com/
    I'm using an xbox controller and it works perfectly.