Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I'm pretty new to BB. From what I've heard and read about some of the new weapons and slot items, dbl exp, 2x rare drop rate, is ST making this game too easy? Is ST this desparate to hold on to this franchise. If these things weren't available would you still play. I always thought this was a pretty easy game to play in the first place. Now there are slot items that improve specials hit rate, casting speed (which I'm not sure really matters), heavenly slot items (I mean +25 to ata OMG).

I jokingly tell people that ST got tired of cheaters, so they created cheater items to find. Maybe it's just me.

BTW this isn't a rank, just a ponder.

Tested by pirates.

The double EXP rates were for only a week. I, personally, don't know the reason why players were rewarded with this. However, the double EXP was only available during quests.

The double drop rate event was a reward for all players after a certain goal was reached during the Yahoo! Cup. Again, this was only available during quests.

The new Ep4 rare items are very rare. Most rates are 1/3000+. The reason why you seem many players obtaining items is because they're very lucky, and play very often. Religious gameplay offers these rewards.

Blue Burst is a little opposite. You're not able to fly into Ultimate at level 50. At Level 50, you're only allowed into Very Hard Episode 1. Ultimate Episode 1 is level 90.

Old Man

On 2005-12-22 11:02, Shigecki wrote:
    I'm pretty new to BB. From what I've heard and read about some of the new weapons and slot items, dbl exp, 2x rare drop rate, is ST making this game too easy? Is ST this desparate to hold on to this franchise. If these things weren't available would you still play. I always thought this was a pretty easy game to play in the first place. Now there are slot items that improve specials hit rate, casting speed (which I'm not sure really matters), heavenly slot items (I mean +25 to ata OMG).

I jokingly tell people that ST got tired of cheaters, so they created cheater items to find. Maybe it's just me.

BTW this isn't a rank, just a ponder.
    I think that a lot of people came to USABB hoping for a fresh start from all the cheating/hacking/duping/corrupting/other crap going on on the other PSO platforms.

Then the first duping occurred during the first team contest when someone found a glitch that allowed for creating a duplicate item during a ship/block crash. As people exploited that glitch, very rare items such as v101, v501, v801, ubers became more common-place and the community that was trying to play clean/legit became a bit frustrated.

Then it came to light that someone was hacking items, putting any percents on ubers requested and selling packages on ebay.

So now, PSOBB is just as hacked/duped/cheated/other crap as the other platforms.

Many have left.

Of those that remain, leveling and uber finding is still a draw, dbl exp and dbl drop helps keep us and cmode, with all its problems, is still fun.

I don't find cmode, episode 2 cmode, all that easy with the stupid dc problems and lag, but I do still enjoy it.

I'll continue to play as long as you do Shigecki.

Keep trying windows mode so we can finish off some of these runs were making - okay buddy?

I read it on PSOW, so it must be true

The only thing making BB to easy is the really dumb level requirements

Level 90 for Ultimate Episode 1? When you're level 90, you can destroy solo mode Ruins by then (Minus probably not enough HP for Falz ). Is Ultimate Episode 4 hard at level 110 with 4 people teams, having a Force with good support techs? Hard Ep4 wasn't hard at level 40, the minimum level to get there.

Is Ultimate Episode 4 hard at level 110 with 4 people teams, having a Force with good support techs?
    Yes.

If your char doesn't have the mats and the uebers it's going to be OWND. Actually, even with mats and Uebers my lv 5- Ramarl was ownd by Normal mode Shambertin...

Owning multiplayer Ruins at level 90? Dream on.
    Oserez-vous percer le mystère de la malédiction ?
    www.hinamizawa.fr

I read it on PSOW, so it must be true

On 2005-12-22 15:42, Saffran wrote:

Owning multiplayer Ruins at level 90? Dream on.
    On 2005-12-22 15:17, PJ wrote:
    Level 90 for Ultimate Episode 1? When you're level 90, you can destroy solo mode Ruins by then
    And normal mode Shamby is uh... easy at 50 >_> And I've only been playing this game for not even a month, and I wasn't given ubers or mats (Minus the found ones) or anything.

EDIT: And to make another point

Heavenly/Arms is dumb. They're less rare than God/Arms, and make finding them a terrible thing. Also, the ATA shouldn't have been so much; they added 10 ATA to the arm unit, but only 5 ATP to the power unit? The only problem with that is, ATP is naturally supposed to raise more, so the increase from the God unit to the Heavenly unit should be much higher than 5.

Not to mention, because of Heavenly/Power's rarity, finding God/Powers are still useful. Just... ugh, Heavenly/Arms.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: PJ on 2005-12-22 18:57 ]</font>

Master of the obvious Dragon_Knight's Avatar

Actualy aside from odd level/quest requirements. I don't think ST is making it easy on the players, if anything they've made it harder due to the rare drop rate in ep 4. Out of all my time playing in ep 4 I've seen three actual drops: An infantry mantle I couldn't pick up, a Red Odimshi, and one of the units. I wasn't close enough to get any of them. But Sega's overstreached ambition once again shines through. Ep 4 has lots of new stuff to find but not even half of it has been released yet and likly will stay that way even as BB dies. On GC they STILL haven't let people get the Gene flow legitimently. Not a good sign when quite a few nice looking weapons will never be released.

GO TO HELL C:

You do realise

Episode 1 and 2's rares still DO exist, right? Episode 4 rares being very rare in no way makes the game harder. Just keeps you hunting longer.

PJ, while I do stand corrected on my quote, you still will be owning jack at level 90 in the Ruins.

And Shambertin OHKills half of the classes until lv 50ish through fixed damage alone. He is easy, agreed, as long as you never get hit.
    Oserez-vous percer le mystère de la malédiction ?
    www.hinamizawa.fr

Master of the obvious Dragon_Knight's Avatar

Saiffy- Actualy I find ep 1/2/4 drops rates a relitivly equal. i.e. impossible. Most of the good stuff I do have (save for the lavis) has been from a friend quitting. And for all my hard work of rare hunting I can't even help people find spread needles. The game it self isn't hard, as long as you level up enough and have four people it can be quite easy. Its just the drop rates are impossible...I don't see why the ep 4 rares had to be so unattianable.