Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Ill be whatever I wanna do

Well the MMORPG/RPG planned is underway, and with over 400 pages of art, ideas, script and what not I decided to let the people I love hate have some input or affect on the title. While the game is done ideally, there is always room for more ideas, and input that I or any of the other staff haven't thought of yet.
    You can list anything you want other than story, races (evolution system allows just over fifty), or the style of graphics ie: "I want it to be cel shaded." Note: No battle system posts either, that has been worked out as well.
    Weapons, spells, skills, airships, worlds, cities, towns, rides, minigames, racing, pets, merchants... you can feel free to post about anything and everything you would want in a MMORPG, you can even design a few quests if you want.

Please do not PM me the ideas, as posting them in this thread will not only save me from that annoying "you got a new message popup" but also allow people to comment or add to your ideas.

The general theme or genre for the MMORPG is a sort of fallen advanced culture, what I mean by that is swords and arrows, with items like rocket launchers (ghetto style lol) and guns... while I hate to use this termanology... just think of it as a FF game, since thats the closest comparison I can make. Also if you really want your idea about a skill listened to and used, avoid making it a ridgid point based skill, since all the skills are tied into each other in some mannor or another in a branch type style, so no: Vegtable Pruning that raises .01% everytime you cut a vegtable leaf please.

Thankyou

As a final note: Please try to make your comments and suggestions as specific as possible, don't be afraid to use details. No "Uhhh... it would be like cool if they could have wings and lightsabres and kill giant dung beetles."

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: LostHero on 2002-09-16 13:38 ]</font>

I want to be able to have sex with other characters.

Seriously.

"Oh! You just saved my life! How can I ever repay you?"

"Oh... I have a couple ideas! "

Cat accessories. Neko paws, neko tail, neko hairband with neko ears on top.

Straight jackets are all the rage this season. RavenTW's Avatar

Quest desing? I would LOVE to put a quest on paper!!! Well, ok, messag via the internet.

Also, I would like a link with info on this game.

And my suggestion: Make weps that only one class can find (one wep per class, of course). I don't mean use, I mean find. (Of curse, I havoe no info about this game other than what you just said, so you may actually be implementing this)
    Nope, no pictures here. Move along.

Hmm. Is this the add-on for NWN?

I'm not sure whats capable with that game, but if it isn't already implemented(which it most likely is), the construction of your own armor and weapons, followed by enchanting your weapons and armor with spells.

And even further, digging for the raw materials to actually smelt in an effort to make them.

Such as in Morrowind, they included things such as Bonemeal, raw ebony, raw glass, etc, but you can't use it to actually do anything except to make potions or to sell for money.

Mining, smelting, armoring, enchanting. It could all fall under one category/player class. And actually, someone could mine for the raw materials and once they acquired enough, they could sell it for money or take it to a player who is an actual blacksmith/armorer to make the desired weapons/armors.

I'd be nice for guilds that want to be self sufficient.

I'm not sure if that's already implemented in-game though, but I might as well throw it out there.

I did'nt go into the specifics because 1)Not sure if you have it already, 2)Your team can prolly figure out the specifics better than someone who has been up 16 hours.

Come on people, get some ideas together. This is your chance to say "I helped make a game". Hell, give it a shot. =)
    Look, he did it again.

W00tage! Idea lists!

Weapons: Players should be given the option to decorate their weapons with jewels and engravings. For example, on a sword, you could have slots to put in jewels, or be allowed to have the blacksmith engrave your name or something else on the blade. Or you could cover the hilt with tape. Doesn't give any bonuses per se but it just looks nice if you wanna make your character look like he wants more grip.

Number two: Players should be able to use one-time weapons, a bit like in FF7. You could use one-time magic bombs of sorts that cast a spell for you, or actual ammo weapons, like grenades, or a pair of powerful magnums with only 6 shots available.

Skills: You could make it so some skills are universal. For example, in Breath of Fire (GBA) you gain some skill called "Chop" and are allowed to assign it to any member of your party. In your game you could do something similar: a master who would teach you a certain weapon swing technique, regardless of class or race, for example.

Music: I noticed that in some X-Box games, you can have the system download music from a CD of yours and play the songs into the game you play. We should be able to do the same thing. At least we won't have to fool around with MP3 files like in RO.

Buildings: One suggestion: The Electra Tower. Nothing more or less than a hollow skyscraper with industrial-style floors, and an electricity generator that's smack in the center and goes all the way to the top. The city it's in can't use the type of current it produces, and anyways the control panels are all shorted out, which means the Tower has a tendency to turn the generator on and off at random times.

Quests: Got an idea for one. It should come up at some point where the player has some good skills and levels, hence, he is somewhat known and respected (unless story tells otherwise). Anyways, the player is sent to the Electra Tower to find and kill the Sniper, a tall man dressed in Rainbow Six fashion. He has connected a cannon of his invention to the generator, and plans to use that device to send bolts of lightning all over the city if the population doesn't agree to let him become its leader. Obviously, the Sniper is completely nuts and must be neutralized ASAP. Some city people beg you to go and bring him to justice. But as you get ready for the job, the city leader comes to you and tells you it would be better to just kill Sniper straight out. Thus, the player must go up all the floors of the Tower, fight against the Sniper's friends that are sent to hunt you down, and reach the Sniper himself.

Once there, the Sniper has already armed his cannon and is ready to use it on you. The cannon is very powerful, but takes lots of time to charge up. Sniper himself is armed with a rifle and a standard short sword. Sniper and the Cannon are considered separate enemies, so you can destroy the cannon first to make the battle easier against Sniper. Should you neutralize Sniper first, of course, no one will be there to use the cannon, so the battle will be over.

Once at low health, Sniper will surrender. But it'll happen in the midst of the battle. So if you are too quick on pressing the buttons, the message will pass by quickly, as if in the frenzy you hadn't heard him. If you let him surrender, don't attack. Defend (if turn-based) or wait a few second (if time-based) Sniper will then surrender. If you prefer to kill him, you'll be able to loot the corpse and maybe find some healing items and some cash (up to you!) The reward is the same whether you kill him or not.

Now for the fun part. If you don't damage the cannon at all during the battle, the player will have the option to take this Lightning Cannon with him. It's heavy and a bit bulky, but remains a powerful weapon. One problem. Since it isn't connected to a generator, it has to use its integrated alternator to function... Which means you will get to shoot it very rarely.
    "Sword logic? That's cute."

On 2002-09-16 14:39, KodiaX987 wrote:
    W00tage! Idea lists!

Weapons: Players should be given the option to decorate their weapons with jewels and engravings. For example, on a sword, you could have slots to put in jewels, or be allowed to have the blacksmith engrave your name or something else on the blade. Or you could cover the hilt with tape. Doesn't give any bonuses per se but it just looks nice if you wanna make your character look like he wants more grip.
    Blacksmiths can design their own engravings on armor and weapons. Infact engravings on weapons and armor is a trademark of guild npc smiths. While you can design engravings to your own like, you can also register your own trademark engraving (like the checkmark type thing for nike) with the Guild or blacksmiths, and as your fame for being a heavily skilled smith rises, your own trademark gives merchants and sellers proof of its legitness.

Number two: Players should be able to use one-time weapons, a bit like in FF7. You could use one-time magic bombs of sorts that cast a spell for you, or actual ammo weapons, like grenades, or a pair of powerful magnums with only 6 shots available.
    There are are variety of these types of weapons. And since you brought up guns, it should be noted that "guns or rocketlaunchers in lapse of any word better" are not the end all of weapons." Getting bullets for a gun requires a very skilled smith which doesn't come cheap, let alone guns themselves. Also while they may fire faster they run out of ammo faster, and depending on the bow and arrow, arrows do more damage, and have better effects inbattle. Also rocketlaunchers are almost useless at close range, and an extremely skilled swordsmen who have trained their mental powers up allow them to knock away missles (not easy) and if your a crack addict who has nothing better to do than train your skills up for a couple years, you can also knock back bullets.
    [/quote]

Skills: You could make it so some skills are universal. For example, in Breath of Fire (GBA) you gain some skill called "Chop" and are allowed to assign it to any member of your party. In your game you could do something similar: a master who would teach you a certain weapon swing technique, regardless of class or race, for example.
    This is how you get alot of your techniques, by becoming an apprentice or deciple. Even players can teach certain skills to newbie players. The best example of this is learning the light and dark magical arts.

And snapple don't worry, there will be accessories galore, based off the fact I hate MMORPG games where everyone looks the same.

On 2002-09-16 14:31, RavenTW wrote:

And my suggestion: Make weps that only one class can find (one wep per class, of course). I don't mean use, I mean find. (Of curse, I havoe no info about this game other than what you just said, so you may actually be implementing this)
    It would never happen, not only is it not very realistic, but it defeat the purpose of trade... should swordsmen only trade with swordsmen? If its a weapon good enough for a trade if the person who found the weapon could use it... why trade it?

On a side note, know that buying housing outside of towns, cities and villages is very very complicated and expensive. If you build a home within the lands outside a town without a permit it will be destroyed. And although a carpenter could build a home outside any goverment restricted lands... just know that monsters arent stopped by a 2 inch door of wood... If a hulking mass of muscle and claw sees you run into your home... say goodbye to your life and your home. Also note that this will not happen with goverment lands outside town.
    Buying a home within a city is your best bet. Not only is it near markets, official guilds and stores but its alot cheaper than any other means.

Sorry theres no site up with info regarding the game yet. If you have any questions just post them.

And I know this is going to be asked, so Ill answer it now. Dragons are indeed a playable race, but not only are they the hardest race to evolve too, but most towns don't permit dragons within them... and although it is possible for a dragon to raid a town... getting into a major towns will prove almost impossible with legion defences at everypost.
    Also while dragons are feared just as much as they are respected... wreak enough havok and youll soon find provinces hireing heroes and dragon hunters to hunt you down and kill you... and don't think they will, provinces pay very well for an established group of dragon hunting players, not to mention all the dragon scales and body parts from a dragon that are heavily valued. (Getting to the rank of a hero is to my reccolection almost the hardest thing to do in the game).

Sorry if its mispelt, Im running late for an appointment.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: LostHero on 2002-09-16 16:31 ]</font>

I think you should have high-tech city named Mandarkin and maybe some faces that you see throughout the game. EX. O'Aka in FFX.

WHAM! created rap (according to my mom)

In addition to pets, you should be able to have a 'wife' or 'husband' character that you drag around with you (NPC, not net-gf/bf) and u guys hold hands and she/he cuddles ur character. That would be so cute!
    They too could be purchased at the ingame petstore.