Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

over and over and over again?

Yea, I've only been doing an hour of it per day for a week so I'm not anywhere near indignation at not having seen it yet (although I'm pretty peeved at the lack of even a photon drop). Actually, if the drop rate actually is 12,603, at this rate I'll be at it for 252 days.

That would be kind of... I dunno... insane? Even for me.

So it'd be nice to hear that someone or hopefully multiple someones have found one this way.

Also, what was the final word on how rare drops are calculated by the game? I was never an adherent to beat time theory; I'm just curious to see the actual algorithm I'm up against. Is it really as simple as the game rolling a 12,603 sided die each time I pwn one of those stingy freaking bees? Or are there more bells and whistles than that? An explanation or link to one would be appreciated.

In the spirit of positive thinking, when (HA) I do find a Sealed J if I were to leave it untekked, would it not unseal? I'm seriously thinking about doing that if so, since I think the TJ looks like ASS and the Sealed J would perfectly compliment my HUcl. Yes, I'm after it for aestheic reasons as opposed to needing an UBERPOWERFULOMG sword, so no need to post cheeky links to the srank sword of whatnot.

Anyway, would the kill counter be recording even if I never tekked it? I.e. if I did make 23,000 kills with an untekked sword, then tekked it, would I get the "use" message? Or would I have to start fresh upon tekking? Just in case I change my mind.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: bordering on 2006-01-23 10:02 ]</font>

Anyway, would the kill counter be recording even if I never tekked it? I.e. if I did make 23,000 kills with an untekked sword, then tekked it, would I get the "use" message? Or would I have to start fresh upon tekking? Just in case I change my mind.
    So far, all the unsealings have been done an a tekked SJS. The 'use' option appears after reaching 23k kills. If you wanna experiment unsealing without tekking, why not give it a try? I doubt it'll work, but hey, someone should try it to find out. ;]
    Blink & you might miss it! ;3

Oh, keep sig at 600x180 px & 49KB, yah?

I found SJS by running a mixture of east tower full runs, and i finished my hunt for it by doing 100 pw4 1st 2 rooms - it dropped on the 100th time of this but only after countless east tower runs.

Not sure about the counter working or not with it untekked but at a guess id say it is probably the same as for grinders, if you grind an untekked weapon then tek it it will tek to the number of grinders you used on it - so i guess the sjs works like this too although no way to check now lol.

The guy Brownski found his SJS by doing the first two rooms of PW 4 over and over.

He unsealed it seven days after he found it.

On 2006-01-23 19:57, trypticon wrote:

*cough NO LIFE cough*

Wicked User/Axel Factor Cultist AxelgearVII's Avatar

On 2006-01-23 20:29, Forte1224 wrote:

*cough NO LIFE cough*
    That's not saying much for me either.
    Decade long veteran of PSO, PSO Ep1&2, PSOBB, and PSUJP. Axel or VII will do.

La Chupacabra-1/2 Azn Ogre KaFKa's Avatar

*cough NO LIFE cough*
    Let me draw an equal - yet exxagerate comparison.

Do you call Military snipers that can hit a penny from 1000 yards away no-life scum because they train endlessly to be that good? (Of course you dont, he wanted something done and did what he had to do to get it done)

On topic, I think it was mentioned somewhere way back when that it counts kills while untekked, since Barubary was able to make untekked SJS with 22,999 kills on it, then untekk and make another one.

I could be wrong though. *shrug*

[edit] 22k Kaffy, not 23k.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: KaFKa on 2006-01-24 02:18 ]</font>

On 2006-01-23 10:01, bordering wrote:
    Hmm, that's an interesting question actually; because wrapping up SJSs into Presents used to screw them over on GC (wrapped/untekked status are recorded in the same byte, which is also used to record special attack types). Like Kafka said, it's probably possible though. I would've probably known for sure at some point, but not anymore. >_>

Also, what was the final word on how rare drops are calculated by the game? I was never an adherent to beat time theory; I'm just curious to see the actual algorithm I'm up against. Is it really as simple as the game rolling a 12,603 sided die each time I pwn one of those stingy freaking bees? Or are there more bells and whistles than that? An explanation or link to one would be appreciated.
    Years ago. The game's not rolling 12,603-sided dice though. It'll roll a 131,072-side die (take that, D&D people) for the drop rate of which 13 values can yield a drop, and um.. does something similar to calculate the 80% at which it will drop a box (the so-called 'drop-anything rate'). That's about all I know >_>;, I'd need to ask around for the details.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Tycho on 2006-01-24 05:18 ]</font>

It's not an active hunt at the moment- I have a lot of work to do from University, but once it's done, I'll be back in PW#4. All I'm doing is PW#4 2 floor runs, mixed with the occasional PW#1 run to being some variety into the runs.

Here's hoping I can net the drop before servers close.

Edit: My god, just found when I started SJS hunts...

Posted: 2003-10-05 05:05 Alrite people, im a Skyly HUnewearl @ lv112, searchin for the Sealed J Sword. I know you get it from Gi Gue on Ultimate, I jus wanna know how hard Gi Gue is and how long it took someone to find the Jsword. Thx!
    Damn, that's 5th October 2003... Over 2 years later, still looking. Wow, I didn't realise i'd been hunting it THAT long...

...and how much of a n00b I sounded like back then XD

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: UrikoBB3 on 2006-01-24 17:33 ]</font>

HUnewearl power since 2003. NGS Official Creator (SectionSkyly)

*cough NO LIFE cough*
    *cough Feck you cough*

Using the first 2 floors of PW4 is the most efficient way to find one, solo, if you have friends to help you, get with full PW4 or even PW1.

I recall doing around 1260 runs of PW4 1/2 before I found it, aswell as countless ET. I consider that extremely lucky seeing as I never had to exceed the drop rate.

Just keep up your runs, and hopefully you'll get a nice surprise one day soon