Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I recall reading discussions about this a long time ago, and I was just wondering if a conclusion was ever reached as to whether the baranz, pan arms, and delsabers do or do not drop.

I haven't really done any serious MA2 in a while, but as far as I recall from personal experince, I've never seen any of them drop. If this is the case, that would really put a crimp in my guld/yas 2h two-birds-with-one-stone hunting plans.

I did try forum search but found nothing.

Its been too long since I've cared about anything PSO so my memory is a little fuzzy, but I do know for a fact that in some of the areas in Spaceship, the drops are disabled. I'm sure someone else can tell you/remember exactly where those areas are. It doesn't have anything to do with the type of enemy, it's the area itself that is the problem.

BTW I should clarify I'm talking about the GC version.

I may have some time to run through those areas tonight using the "Always Drop Rare" code and I'll map the areas where drops are disabled.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: VioletSkye on 2006-01-23 11:53 ]</font>

In the spaceship there are 2 different routes you can take - 1 has 10 baranz - the other has 7 baranz

If you go the way with 7 baranz then those 7 baranz do have a chance of dropping but not the way with the 10 baranz - not sure about the other enemies.

Ok, here it is. The areas in RED have enemies that will NOT drop anything including rares. I did a quick enemy count for those areas which should be pretty accurate (maybe 95%) but if you notice any errors in the counts let me know. The NO DROP ZONE areas in red are 100% accurate. I went through each level a minimum of 5 times with the exact same results each time. The only area that didn't have a no drop zone was Spaceship Alpha variation 2. Boxes in the red areas will still have items.

Spaceship Alpha Variation 1:

Spaceship Alpha Variation 2:

Spaceship Beta Variation 1:

Spaceship Beta Variation 2:

Hm, I wonder why that is.

Glitch you think? Or purpose?

It almost seems like they did it on purpose. If it's a glitch, why did they only make the mistakes in the Spaceship area and nowhere else and why doesn't Alpha variation 2 suffer from a no drop zone like the others?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: VioletSkye on 2006-01-23 19:38 ]</font>

That's awsome Violet! Thank you so much. :j

Its too weird that ST did this on purpose but at the same time a large amount of areas are non droppable =/ I wonder if the original MA2 had this problem too.

Well thank you Violet for doing this, this is really helpful information.

On 2006-01-23 19:33, VioletSkye wrote:
    It almost seems like they did it on purpose. If it's a glitch, why did they only make the mistakes in the Spaceship area and nowhere else and why doesn't Alpha variation 2 suffer from a no drop zone like the others?
    On purpose?, but why? And.. in Blue Burst, didn't they eventually fix it or something?