Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

On 2002-09-22 11:51, Kenks23 wrote:
    I'm a Computer Sciences major and I was wondering how you'd go about code-slashing / hacking. I can't exactly get an idea of where one would begin to do that.
    The first thing is to learn assembly language. In order to make cheat codes for games that protect their game data like PSO, you have to break the game at the assembly language level. You have to become a reverse engineer, like a software cracker.

The first game I ever reverse engineered was Final Fantasy 5. And many of you know how that turned out...

-- Barubary

Barubary trivia time!! =^.^=

What's the Authorization server address for DC PSO? (Know the one for GC PSO? =?_?=)

What did you say to TSFO-SnAPPLE when you posed as "The Wall" ?

What did you verbally observe when you cloned Lady Mayhem's character (other than items), and which outfit did you switch to for a request?

On 2002-09-22 11:51, Kenks23 wrote:
    I'm a Computer Sciences major and I was wondering how you'd go about code-slashing / hacking. I can't exactly get an idea of where one would begin to do that.
    Why not just write your own code instead of manipulating someone elses?

Since this topic is now predominately about cheating...

... OFF TO CHEATERS IT GOES!

On 2002-09-22 12:23, SnAPPUrU-nyan-ko wrote:

What did you verbally observe when you cloned Lady Mayhem's character (other than items), and which outfit did you switch to for a request?
    Offtopic but..

Interesting, I use to be friends with someone with a character by that name. HUnewearl if I am not mistaken. Some of my funniest times in PSO was spent with this person.

Ontopic

Th reality is that all hacker suck.
    Bullshit. Not ALL hackers suck. I had met an individual like this guy here in PSO along time ago. He somehow..."hacked" MY profile and put some lock code on my Section ID Serial number so that NO OTHER kinds of hacking would effect me ever. He did this to all of his friends. Ck, NOL, PK, FSOD, all were ineffectual, only BSOD was a real worry, and black wall aka DC resetting. The "lock" he had on us, were diminished when Sega banned him from the game permenantly. These kinds of hackers are good ones, and to say they all suck is just dirty.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dellimia on 2002-09-22 16:21 ]</font>

Everyone who just used the word hacker is a moron.

I'm sure that neither of the 2 is the real Barubary. For one, Bar already has a username which is Barubary so why would he make another one. Second, these people just seem like fakes. Bar7 is more convincing than 6 but still doesn't cut it.

On 2002-09-22 18:28, PlatinumGame wrote:
    Everyone who just used the word hacker is a moron.

I'm sure that neither of the 2 is the real Barubary. For one, Bar already has a username which is Barubary so why would he make another one. Second, these people just seem like fakes. Bar7 is more convincing than 6 but still doesn't cut it.
    Barubary has been banned several times. Barubary6 is a lot more real than Barubay7 is, I can tell you that much.

Didn't know. You would think Bar would post this at CMG before he would here...

On 2002-09-22 18:56, rbf2000 wrote:

Barubary6 is a lot more real than Barubay7 is, I can tell you that much.
    Interesting. 7 still sounded better though.

On 2002-09-22 16:13, Dellimia wrote:
    Bullshit. Not ALL hackers suck. I had met an individual like this guy here in PSO along time ago. He somehow..."hacked" MY profile and put some lock code on my Section ID Serial number so that NO OTHER kinds of hacking would effect me ever. He did this to all of his friends. Ck, NOL, PK, FSOD, all were ineffectual, only BSOD was a real worry, and black wall aka DC resetting. The "lock" he had on us, were diminished when Sega banned him from the game permenantly. These kinds of hackers are good ones, and to say they all suck is just dirty.
    Oh man, that was a good read. It really made me laugh. I love reading bullshit.