Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

All these delays sound like SEGA is still bouncing into bugs from time to time. The statement that they are trying to improve the online network stability sounds like the network and the server itself needs some work.

One of the best ways is to have an open beta test to stress test the servers. I mean if the servers aren't stable now... who can guarentee that they will be stable when SEGA takes on a bigger player database?

Not to mention... all these delays are probably making us pissed. An open beta would please the fans to some degree to see how progress is going for the game. Not to mention to build on the hype.

Maybe I'm just ranting...

Down for the Getdown

On 2006-02-16 13:30, Nites wrote:

Maybe I'm just ranting...
    Probably.

Yeah I'm surprised at the lack of a beta test as well.

Especially with it being the first PSO on PS2, and also being the first one with cross-platform play. In-house can only test it so much.

lolDiads
    If Diad was a planet in PSU, I'd live there

Stress test isn't really all that necessary... Sonic Team already knows how much is needed to make a game run, as they've been doing it for years. It's more likely that their problems are along the lines of bugs that open up the potential for exploits. Consider: players worldwide bitched and moaned about how they never did anything with PSO, and now that they're taking however long it takes to try to make this game as awesome as possible, people still bitch and moan.

Damned if you do, and damned if you don't. My suggestion for everyone is to find something else to play in the meantime. Right now, I'm playing Everquest 2 which is surprisingly a decent MMORPG. My character is Meicyn on the Lucan D'Lere server if anyone feels like joining up.

My guess is that they have/will do an internal beta.

I use internet slang for comedic purposes only.

Parn makes a lot of sense. I personally don't care how long I have to wait as long as the game gets the care it so rightly deserves. I'd still be avidly playing GC PSO were it not for all the hacking/cheating.

Also I believe they did in fact have an internal beta test. Someone said they did in one of the other threads about a beta.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: F-o-x on 2006-02-16 14:05 ]</font>

.....It not fair to have a beta test...Thats means I'll be missing all the fun.

Any screenshots we see of Network mode are obviously screens of an ongoing internal beta-test. The people playing are most likely Sega/Sonic Team employees.

While not essential a public beta-test would be beneficial, and not merely from a stress-test point of view. The more people playing, the quicker problems would be identified. And the hardcore fans who've played hundreds of hours of the previous games are some of the best playtesters you could have. Also people not involved with the development on a daily basis would approach the game in a different way, and that may find bugs/exploits that Sega don't.

omg i'm SPY

Whatever they're doing, it's working. They're finding the bugs and holding back the release until they get them ironed out, and that's what counts.

The Local Bartender

I wanta Beta Test damnit!