Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

In PSOGC and PSOX, there are several different types of rings. Obviously, there are 7 colors, and there are 8 descriptions.

7 descriptions are different from the 8th, they have special abilities tied in with them while the 8th does not. The final description is much more simplistic, as well, stating that there are 7 colors.

These colors are:

White
    Purple
    Green
    Yellow
    Blue
    Black
    Red

The 8 other descriptions are:

"A pair of soldiers that hold this holy ring shall be blessed with great strength." (Boosts ATP)

"A pair of soldiers who hold this holy ring shall be blessed with higher defense." (Boosts DFP)

"This ring shall fortify the minds of the two bearers with the gift to focus" (Boosts MST)

"A pair of soldiers who hold this holy ring shall be blessed with greater accuracy." (Boosts ATA)

"A pair of soldiers who hold this holy ring shall be blessed with quicker attacks." (Boosts EVP)

"A pair of soldiers who hold this holy ring shall be blessed with greater fortune." (Boosts LCK)

"A pair of soldiers who hold this holy ring shall be blessed with special powers" (Boosts PB)

6 descriptions 'belongs' to one color:

ATP - Black
    DFP - Purple
    MST - Blue
    ATA - Green
    EVP - White
    LCK - Yellow

However, each of these colors and descriptions are interchangable, but banned online. This means that, through illegitimate means, you can obtain a White Ring that boosts ATA, or a Black Ring that boosts LCK. This means that each of these rings were made, totalling 42 rings. Also, each of these colors has the "7 Colors" description, totalling 48.

But, desipte all of that, what is missing?

Red Ring.

Red Ring does not have one of the special descriptions. It only has the "7 colors" version.

What does this mean?

It means that Red Ring does not exist outside of that one description. It cannot, and will not, have any other description within PSOGC or PSOX. It laymen's terms, it does not exist as a Version 3 item, and only exists as buried data. It's plausable that this item was added for beta testing, but was not fully realized and created like the other colors. If there was a V3 Red Ring, it would have the special description, not the "7 colors" description.

The left over description is only available for the other 6 colors, not Red Ring. It's plausable that this description was meant for a Red Ring, but it was never created and added to the final version of the game.

This also means that Dark Falz's drop data could also be from beta testing. It was never activated in the final game for a reason, perhaps the item Falz was supposed to drop just doesn't exist. It's not banned because there are no other versions of this item, as there are with the other colors.

Does this get the point across?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Skorpius on 2006-03-02 12:25 ]</font>

um..... what is the Ragol Ring for? I got one........ i can't use it yet. What does it do. Also... the irngs are not that good... i don't know why people want them (a SECRET GEAR is better.)

Ragol Ring is basically a glorified Scape Doll.

I read it on PSOW, so it must be true

Yeah, I was thinking considering Red Ring is the best ring, that's why it has it's description not the same way as the other rings.

I'm thinking it's far-fetched to say the drop rate was made and unremoved during beta, especially since it wasn't banned for online, and the other description rings were.

GO TO HELL C:

On 2006-03-02 16:36, PJ wrote:
    Yeah, I was thinking considering Red Ring is the best ring, that's why it has it's description not the same way as the other rings.

I'm thinking it's far-fetched to say the drop rate was made and unremoved during beta, especially since it wasn't banned for online, and the other description rings were.
    Name a theory that isn't far fetched. At least this has solid evidence(By the way, I'm backing up the ring information Skorp posted)

Gibarta, LoL.

Although it still doesn't explain why the PB special for the rings wasn't used. I just naturally assumed that was meant to be red rings special.

Another thing I find odd. Red Ring was used by Rico and therefor has a "story" for it. The other rings really don't. Why would Rico's "legendary" ring even mention these other 6, less special rings?

Wicked User/Axel Factor Cultist AxelgearVII's Avatar

I heard it was unreleased because of a text error. ST messed up and wrote the level requirement as 108 instead of 180. Not as well founded as Skorpius's theory, but valid nonetheless no?
    Decade long veteran of PSO, PSO Ep1&2, PSOBB, and PSUJP. Axel or VII will do.

I heard the same thing about Sega not being able to make that quest because of that text error. Way to go Sega.

Just to clear a few things up, when you said this:

The left over description is only available for the other 6 colors, not Red Ring. It's plausable that this description was meant for a Red Ring, but it was never created and added to the final version of the game.
    Hmm since I don't have a hack Red Ring, what does the description says on one?

This also means that Dark Falz's drop data could also be from beta testing. It was never activated in the final game for a reason, perhaps the item Falz was supposed to drop just doesn't exist.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Skorpius on 2006-03-02 12:25 ]</font>
    Even though the drop rate is zero, isn't the item data(DNA) is associated with Dark Falz?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: metatime on 2006-03-02 23:28 ]</font>

And what did you think was the purpose of having the description and the color ring being able to be interchangeably changed?

Was it because Sega, at the end of the game development life cycle, didn't have time to set the description to each color ring and decided to do it later? (For example, PSO+)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: metatime on 2006-03-02 23:34 ]</font>

Cursed J-Sword hunter

Never give up despite the odds!

Who cares what the empericist says despite his numbers and data! He doesn't know shit because he hasn't been out in the field!

Descriptions and game data be damned!

Please don't start arguments, discuss things normally for once.
    Thanks.

And, this is more of a general warning before this gets out of hand, as I can half guess it might.

On 2006-03-02 23:40, ADE wrote:
    Never give up despite the odds!

Who cares what the empericist says despite his numbers and data! He doesn't know shit because he hasn't been out in the field!

Descriptions and game data be damned!
    Values in a game can be quantify and measured because it has data to be measured just like in real life. Just like in physics you can't break rules that nature have in place.

You do seem to be a bit out of character Ade tonight, been having some fun outside? wink* wink* lol