Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

On 2006-03-02 23:40, ADE wrote:
    Never give up despite the odds!

Who cares what the empericist says despite his numbers and data! He doesn't know shit because he hasn't been out in the field!

Descriptions and game data be damned!
    No, an algorythm within the game can be just as valid of information as knowing exactly how much damage you'll do.
    And I also think everyone here has had a lot of experience playing PSO, so it's redundant to say "doesn't know sh*t because he hasn't been out in the field!". Just because someone plays PSO more often than someone else doesn't mean they are exactly better than that person.

Cursed J-Sword hunter

Yes I overindulged last night <.<

On 2006-03-02 12:08, Skorpius wrote:
    In PSOGC and PSOX, there are several different types of rings. Obviously, there are 7 colors, and there are 8 descriptions.

7 descriptions are different from the 8th, they have special abilities tied in with them while the 8th does not. The final description is much more simplistic, as well, stating that there are 7 colors.

These colors are:

White
    Purple
    Green
    Yellow
    Blue
    Black
    Red

The 8 other descriptions are:

"A pair of soldiers that hold this holy ring shall be blessed with great strength." (Boosts ATP)

"A pair of soldiers who hold this holy ring shall be blessed with higher defense." (Boosts DFP)

"This ring shall fortify the minds of the two bearers with the gift to focus" (Boosts MST)

"A pair of soldiers who hold this holy ring shall be blessed with greater accuracy." (Boosts ATA)

"A pair of soldiers who hold this holy ring shall be blessed with quicker attacks." (Boosts EVP)

"A pair of soldiers who hold this holy ring shall be blessed with greater fortune." (Boosts LCK)

"A pair of soldiers who hold this holy ring shall be blessed with special powers" (Boosts PB)

6 descriptions 'belongs' to one color:

ATP - Black
    DFP - Purple
    MST - Blue
    ATA - Green
    EVP - White
    LCK - Yellow

However, each of these colors and descriptions are interchangable, but banned online. This means that, through illegitimate means, you can obtain a White Ring that boosts ATA, or a Black Ring that boosts LCK. This means that each of these rings were made, totalling 42 rings. Also, each of these colors has the "7 Colors" description, totalling 48.

But, desipte all of that, what is missing?

Red Ring.

Red Ring does not have one of the special descriptions. It only has the "7 colors" version.

What does this mean?

It means that Red Ring does not exist outside of that one description. It cannot, and will not, have any other description within PSOGC or PSOX. It laymen's terms, it does not exist as a Version 3 item, and only exists as buried data. It's plausable that this item was added for beta testing, but was not fully realized and created like the other colors. If there was a V3 Red Ring, it would have the special description, not the "7 colors" description.

The left over description is only available for the other 6 colors, not Red Ring. It's plausable that this description was meant for a Red Ring, but it was never created and added to the final version of the game.

This also means that Dark Falz's drop data could also be from beta testing. It was never activated in the final game for a reason, perhaps the item Falz was supposed to drop just doesn't exist. It's not banned because there are no other versions of this item, as there are with the other colors.

Does this get the point across?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Skorpius on 2006-03-02 12:25 ]</font>
    You are correct about the Red Ring, but the other rings are NOT banned. I have a Purple Ring that I just obtained myself in Xbox online TTF for doing VH in under 1 hour, not dying once, and killing 197 enemies. If you do not believe me? Go do it yourself. There others are obtainable by the following means.

Black Ring

(This is by far the hardest ring to get.)

You get it from the 'Beach Laughter' quest, from the Rappy on the beach, after obtaining all 22 Hearts from the Maximum Attack version 2 quests, 12 for all character classes in MA1v2, 10 for all Section IDs in MA2v2. The Hearts can not be obtained before getting 10,000 kills in these quests (seperate kill counts for both quests). The lyrics of the song you need to tell the Rappy are "On the Hill", "Though my body is", "I feel envious", and "But".

Blue Ring

Do Challenge Mode offline in Episode 2 and get an A rank.

Green Ring

Do Challange Mode offline in Episode 2 and get a B rank.

Purple Ring

Get SS-rank in the 'Towards the Future' quest, in Very Hard or Ultimate mode.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

First of all;

Parasetic Gene "Flow"

Unreleased

0/1 from U Olga Flow
    I should however be 1/64 for all section ID's
    That means 64 runs on average you will find the Gene, with all these vet's running around SOMEONE should have found it legitimately by now. There-for; no Gene? No Dark ANYTHING, no Dark ANYTHING? No;

Red Ring

Unobtainable!!!!! How many times do we have to tell you guys?!

0/1 from Dark Falz!!!!!
    But it should be 1/37 for Whitill
    1/64 for Viridia, Skyly, Redria

If anyone offers to trade you one saying they found it, don't believe them; instead, tell them to bring you on a run and get you one. The code for the ring is in EVERY copy of the game for EVERY console, correct. What people do is, get a copy of BB or GC or XBOX, mod up any way they can, import the item data, and TADA! After that? It spreads like wild fire because people know how to dupe, and then give it to their friends, and so on. The next thing you guys are going to tell us is that you found some Photo Crystals on Xbox! Geez!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

White Ring

Get S-rank in the 'Labyrinth Trial' quest. To do this, you need to have four people all split up among the different routes, get 29 capsules, all head back to Pioneer 2, then take the teleporter to Ragol again to find the last one.

Yellow Ring

Do Challenge Mode Online with Episode 2 and get an A rank.

EDIT: Thanks to Tycho for help on info

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Black-Dragon on 2006-03-03 12:34 ]</font>

Note, he did not say the "correct" versions of those colors of rings were banned, just the color with a different attribute, like in his example, a white ring that boosts ATA (the 'legit' version boosts EVP).

If anything it seemed to be more of a point to build up to his main point, that Red Ring, whether a 'unique' ring out of the set or not, has no updated description coming into version 3 (GC/XBox), and if intended to be released, would have at least SOME better description added to it to make it feel as unique and powerful as it is.

At least that's what I got from it on the first few readovers.

Hmmm, true; it took me a few times reading it over to fully understand but I appologize if I insulted your intelligence in any way Skorpius. I was simply backing you up anyway lol. But I did missunderstand, and thought you meant that you couldn't obtain any of the colors you listed. My mistake! >.<

If anyone want's to do Challange modes btw I'll be on 44av/10-01

Um i don't get it.... the Ragol Ring has nothing to do with this but... what does it do? I read the description and it said it works as a scape doll and then gets desroyed. I don't get it. i lose it if i die? Also... i have all the Rings except the black one. They are not that good (but they look nice.)

On 2006-03-04 10:47, SgtShligger wrote:
    Um i don't get it.... the Ragol Ring has nothing to do with this but... what does it do? I read the description and it said it works as a scape doll and then gets desroyed. I don't get it. i lose it if i die? Also... i have all the Rings except the black one. They are not that good (but they look nice.)
    If you have the Ragol Ring equipped and die, you'll be resurrected at the cost of losing the Ragol Ring. Considering how much trouble it is to obtain one, it simply isn't worth it. On the other hand, the Ragol Ring has a unique visual appearance and you can access some exclusive dialog in Ep4 with it.

If Red Ring was to be released, I'm sure it would have the V3 version of a description, not the "7 Colors" description.

Granted, the Red Ring currently available illegitimately is not banned, but I figure that's because the item name is in the drop charts. However, I also believe that this part of the drop charts were either never intended to be realized in the final version, or weren't activated do to the exclusion of a V3 version of Red Ring.

If the level error were true, wouldn't you think it might have been fixed in PSO Plus and online servers? Or even passed the initial release of the original Japanese version of the game that became obsolete? There were many different instances where the item could have been fixed.

Sticky? >_>

On 2006-03-04 14:13, Ryna wrote:
    On 2006-03-04 10:47, SgtShligger wrote:
    If you have the Ragol Ring equipped and die, you'll be resurrected at the cost of losing the Ragol Ring. Considering how much trouble it is to obtain one, it simply isn't worth it. On the other hand, the Ragol Ring has a unique visual appearance and you can access some exclusive dialog in Ep4 with it.
    So if i die with it i get revived? i lose it after this....... then what is the point of it? I could get more of them... i didn't find it myself i was jsut given it by a guy online who pitied me because i got corrupted.

On 2006-03-04 16:02, SgtShligger wrote:
    So if i die with it i get revived? i lose it after this....... then what is the point of it? I could get more of them... i didn't find it myself i was jsut given it by a guy online who pitied me because i got corrupted.
    So what is the point? You need to be extremely careful if you are wearing that ring.

Why did Sonic Team give it this kind of special? Who knows. It is probably just a case of someone not fully thinking this through.