Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Ok, I'll have this sticked. Hopefully this will help inform & consolidate Red Rings topics.
    Now, who will add Gene Flow information? <.<
    Blink & you might miss it! ;3

Oh, keep sig at 600x180 px & 49KB, yah?

I agree with the topic remaining sticky, it will help more people notice the fact that the Red Ring simply isn't Legit. But the reason it isn't fixed is simple, Sonic Team (As wonderful as they are for creating such a game) simply don't care anymore, they're working on PSU, it's coming out in 3 months; therefor, why bother writing a patch for V3 to fix all the hackers, modders, dupers, people with Red Rings, Dark (Anything) or Gene's? I was told a rumor from someone that the reason the ships start at 41:Apatite is because the Japanese wished their ships pulled from all American servers because of all the cheating. However, I have played these games since DAY 1, and I remember going over a friends house that had dreamcast online and never seeing anything below 41. But my point is this; people make up stories, tell lies, start and spread rumors. If you were able to obtain the Gene OR the Red Ring, (now think about this logically) more people would be posting that they found it instead of arguing that it can't be found since there are so many veterains out there. And we would have more then ONE video with a pathetic attempt at a hoax.

Case in point, end of discussion.

Good day.

Mind you I am not arguing, how come ST didn't fix it when creating plus version which came out 2 years ago? Maybe someone already pointed this out. I think Skorpius said something but why didn't they. Even if they were working on Universe back then they still could have written it in the plus version without that much trouble. Justa question, no arguements wanted.

On 2006-03-05 14:09, Kratos123 wrote:
    Mind you I am not arguing, how come ST didn't fix it when creating plus version which came out 2 years ago?
    Who knows? There's a lot of things they didn't fix that should have been (there are still untekked weapons with retarded special range, for example).

No arguments needed, I just like to make strong points lol. But it could be a number of reasons, one of which is the fact that they still get $10 a month from each customer so why even bother? Let them fight each other who cares? If everyone stopped playing and paying $10 a month THEN they might do something about it, but that's not going to happen because then the servers will just be full of hackers who will still pay $10 a month and ST will get their money's worth in the end anyway. Hell, they already have their money's worth from sales of the game in general. The drop rate being 0/1 on the Gene could very well have been a typo for all we know, but the fact is I have several friends who have looked at the coding themselves because they know how to hex edit I believe they call it, or something I'm not sure exactly what they call it; and it's in plain black and white to them lol. But either way, the game's been out for over 5 years and even when you log in it says the last update was "Jan 4th 2005", not to mention it's now march and it's still xmas in the lobby's (Which has made me turn my BGM to 0 lol)

I read it on PSOW, so it must be true

Ok, this point was not made by me, but from someone on another forum (So if you're reading this, and you don't like me posting it, I'll edit it out)

Ok so far so good. He also said the red ring was a beta testing item, which is wrong. All beta testing items (Mag Unit, Blue Ring etc.) are NOT red boxed and they do NOT have yellow writing.
    Plus, for banmkmodders, most beta testing items are either found at the end of the digit list for items or more or less in the middle of the digit list.
    However, this does NOT apply for the red ring it appears to be in the normal line of items.
    I assume by Blue Ring he means a different specialed one.

GO TO HELL C:

They could've had the Red Ring in beta, the one we see, and had plans at the time to release it. After giving a special attribute(THe PB one), they could've said screw it.

A lot of assuming, but a theory nonetheless. Still makes more sense than gibarta :3

On 2006-03-06 20:58, PJ wrote:
    Whomever said that knows just as much as I do about it. "Grain of salt" and all that. I also never specifically said it was a beta testing item. I believe (without actually checking) I said that it could be assumed, or that it might have been, but I didn't state that as a fact. If I did, I apologize, as that wasn't my intention.

However, the purpose of the topic is not to debate on either Red Ring was or was not a pure beta item, but to tell the possible reasons why there is no Red Ring legitimately available.

Anyone knows if the level requirement for RR is fixed in BB?

Crazy Awesome Old Potato Man Guy HAYABUSA-FMW-'s Avatar

We can add a new theory to this story, however inane and uninspiring:

Those floor faces eat the ring before you can even walk up to see it.

For BB, I've yet to see anyone run around with a Red Ring, so they fixed a loophole here?