Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remember my material problem awhile ago? http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.p...02050&forum=17

Well, last night I decided to get Raven to 130 and figure out my material usage this morning. Which I just did.

I am exactly where I am supposed to be; according to Character Manager. (the program I had used to figure material usage.) But I am still able to use materials.

So it appears that I no longer have a material limit. (mind you, since I posted the last topic I didn't use ANY materials on Raven in fear of messing up maxing stats.)

I guess Dana saying maybe I am the chosen one is true?

Edit* I forgot to mention this is only for power/defense/evade/luck materials.

Also, two one less God/Ability to hunt, lol!

Edit2* Trying to be a little more clear, I was so excited when I found this out I wasn't really paying attention to what I was writing.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: TheOneHero on 2006-03-08 09:04 ]</font>

Crazy Awesome Old Potato Man Guy HAYABUSA-FMW-'s Avatar

Stop playing Dreamcast V1 and 2 j00 liar!

Well, thats doubly odd with your FOmar having a problem and now having one which is quite more beneficial to you.

You used more than 125 materials all at once?

You said you didn't use any for fear of the problem, but you used them after getting to lv 130?

That part wasn't clear.

On 2006-03-07 07:27, HAYABUSA-FMW- wrote:

You used more than 125 materials all at once?

You said you didn't use any for fear of the problem, but you used them after getting to lv 130?
    1. I kept track of my material usage using Rico % Co. Max Stat Guide. I don't quite understand what you're getting at. =/

2. When the problem first came up, I didn't use any materials.

Today I figured my material usage with the Character Manager program.

According to that, I should be maxed on materials already, but I'm not.

Realizing I was where I am supposed to be with materials, I figured it would be safe to use some.

Does that help?

Edit* Oh yeah, I can't right now, but when I am able I am going through all my characters to try and find 20 luck mats which I will use for two reasons.

1. To see if I can use luck mats afterward. (Probably not, even if I could I wouldn't)

2. To see if I will still be able to use pow/def/evade materials after maxing luck.

I'll post the results once I finish.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: TheOneHero on 2006-03-07 07:53 ]</font>

You used them at your rate you wanted with the manager to keep track, but when your FOmar had the problem, you stopped with your character Raven?

As in you stopped using materials?

Am I thinking of somebody else's FOmar stat mat problems?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: HAYABUSA-FMW- on 2006-03-07 07:56 ]</font>

My Fomar had ATA problems.

Rounded up 20 luck mats, was only able to use 3 before they went grey. Did a soft reset, I'll use those 3 for something else. >_>

Seeing as I could use much more materials than the 150, but not being able to use unlimited; I have come to the conclusion that maybe, just maybe; I could use the number of materials I had used when I did c-mode.

That's really the only thing I can get out of this; oh well it was fun while it lasted.

The character manager program sucks. I just took my stats sans armor/shield/mag/weapon, subtracted the defaults using the character guides, and divide the results by two to get my material usage.

It's kind of a pain to get to a level with divisible by 5 though but at least you get to use all the materials you collect in the meantime.

On 2006-03-07 08:28, GrumblyStuff wrote:
    The character manager program sucks.
    Ooh, take that back.

Its very easy to use adn you can update it, preview for levels, change anything at any time for current or later conditions, etc.

Your way is just a bunch of unecessary work, but hey its your way, and I can certainly think it sucks.

I still don't get it.

I'm sure it's just human error somewhere, have you rechecked your math?

On 2006-03-07 17:11, HAYABUSA-FMW- wrote:
    Its very easy to use adn you can update it, preview for levels, change anything at any time for current or later conditions, etc.

Your way is just a bunch of unecessary work, but hey its your way, and I can certainly think it sucks.
    Touche.

I suppose I just was too impatient to learn it's ins and outs but my way is guaranteed (assuming my math is correct) and straight forward.

It is nice though to have everything there in a simple text file; a MAG plan for level 200 with the PBs chosen as best as possible and to be a rare MAG, what stats I feel are the best to max out and how to do so with Materials, a MAG, and armor units without hunting God/Abilities, and my current usage of Materials.

I don't think TOH's problem is with the Manager itself bugging out though, but his game disc going nuts through c-mode material usage.