Will the duping bug be fixed on the north american pso ep I&II that is released on the 29th?

You have two options since Sonic Team has not said anything about this:
    1.) E-mail Sonic Team and ask them
    2.) Try to exploit the bug when you get your copy if you really want to know that badly

Wait and see.

Do you really thing the game will be released bug-free at the end of this month? While the Japanese must wait two whole months for it?

It's just too optimistic to think the US will receive a bug-free game this month.

lolDiads
    If Diad was a planet in PSU, I'd live there

I don't see how this isn't possible. The JP release of PSOV1 had a very unstable save system. I experienced it firsthand, and it wasn't pleasant, hence why I was eager to get the US release. The infamous FSOD would result in you losing ALL your items, including banked stuff, as well as anything you equipped. Every last saber, every last meseta, gone.

This and other minor glitches were fixed for the US release that came out just 2-3 weeks later. So, the duping glitch will undoubtedly be fixed for the US release.

This isn't too unlike many other game releases, really. Seiken Densetsu 2 for instance, you couldn't watch the ending credits... the game would crash. The US release of Secret of Mana had it fixed.

Wait and see.

Do you really thing the game will be released bug-free at the end of this month? While the Japanese must wait two whole months for it?

It's just too optimistic to think the US will receive a bug-free game this month.
    I see it the totally opposite way. Do you really think Sega will ship their biggest online game that THEY KNOW has a bug in it? It mite take longer in japan because they have to figure out the reissuing process with serial numbers maybe?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: vgi_vinnie on 2002-10-03 11:56 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: vgi_vinnie on 2002-10-03 11:57 ]</font>

I'm not saying that they'll release a bugged version of the game. I'm saying that it's likely there could be a last minute delay on the game.

I wonder if we'll be on an isolated server from the Japanese or not =>.>=;;;

It's taking longer for the Japanese to get it because they have to burn entire new discs, setup a way to possibly collect the faulty discs and ship out the new batch.

The US version hasn't been burnt yet, thus to fix the bug and replace the faulty master with the corrected one is nothing compared to what the Japanese have to go through.

*EDIT*
    You saw nothing!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ABDUR101 on 2002-10-03 13:14 ]</font>
    Look, he did it again.

Yea that's an interesting point. Sega would want those disks back, or 1000s of Japanese people would be selling the disks on ebay!

Japanese players of Sega's Phantasy Star Online Episode 1 & 2 are facing problems with the ADSL connection through the GameCube broadband adapter. There are reports that the modem disconnects shortly after a connection is made, as a result the game freezes and all the weapons are lost. The problems seem to be caused by individual providers, such as the Fujitsu ADSL, Sega and Nintendo are working together for a solution.
    Source:magicbox

Here's another problem...