Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast

Wow, now I am even more upset/confused. I did get a response from Sega to my email I sent last week:

"Dear Mr. Klamfoth,

Thank you for inquiring about PSO Episode I&II for Xbox.
    Microsoft is publishing this title and handles all aspects
    of support for this game.

Please contact Xbox customer support at 1-800-4MY-XBOX
    or visit http://www.xbox.com for assistance.

Regards,
    -Sandi
    Sega Of America Technical Support"

I wasn't asking for support for the game as my email clearly pointed out, but after receiving this I contacted XBoxlive for what seems like the 150th time. I was again told that they don't provide the updates, the manufacturer does, but they do get them sent to them. They said that they haven't recieved anything form ST. Someone is lying, either XBoxlive or Sega. Either way, I was told the only thing I could do (not in these words, but you get my point) was live with it or quit the game.

The other thing that they told me was we might not be getting updates because we don't have a large enough playing base for ST to care about it. A valid argument, but this doesn't explain why in the past we haven't recieved certain updates (Easter the first year, PW3, ETC).

Either way, this many be turning into may dead end roads. No one seems to be in charge of the updates for PSOX. I just wish Ladriachan would provide either a contact number, the person he spoke to, or both.

Maybe I'm fighting a losing battle and just don't know it yet. I really hate Christmas now.

Tested by pirates.

Celestial Knight of Azure Flames zandra117's Avatar
    My soul is in Gurhal while my heart is on Ragol

On 2006-04-03 17:34, Shigecki wrote:
    The other thing that they told me was we might not be getting updates because we don't have a large enough playing base for ST to care about it. A valid argument, but this doesn't explain why in the past we haven't recieved certain updates (Easter the first year, PW3, ETC).
    If they dont care about the xbox version then how come the JP and EU versions are getting updates. I think sonicteam is sending the updates to microsoft and microsoft is only applying the updates to the JP and EU servers.

Next time you contact them ask if it is possible to allow the US to access the JP and EU servers.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: zandra117 on 2006-04-03 18:28 ]</font>
    "Thol-Falz, tes par rel diemed. Tes syr, weh yi ryukad te reli, rel ken rel obid." Dark Force, your shrine is finished. Your sword, who you returned to reality, is able to be wielded.

I'm about to write up a nasty e-mail because I'm tired of this shit. Somebody who works for one company or the other NEEDS to fucking know who the fuck is supposed to update this shit. This is pathetic and I'm sick of paying for services not rendered. I'm pissed off.

On 2006-04-03 18:27, zandra117 wrote:

Next time you contact them ask if it is possible to allow the US to access the JP and EU servers.
    Nope, already asked.

Tested by pirates.

Day 7:
    Wow, I finally got someone one the phone at Sega. Unfortunately, it wasn't the right number. I spoke to a nice woman named Kristi. She refered me to another number, 1(81254-4175. This turned out to be another dead end. This was the number for Sega Entertainment, aka Game Works(a large arcade). They did give me another number, 1(88877-2669. This turned out to be Kristi again.

After expaining to Kristi again what I wanted, I got another number, 1(415)701-6000. It took me to one of those wonderful automated menu deals. If you do call this number, press 0, and tell the receptionist you are calling about Phantasy Star Online. She will direct your call to another menu. Press 2, then give the man your complaint.

I was given the opposite information from what was told to me by XBoxlive. They told me that Microsoft published the game and creates all the updates for the game themselves. I was told they are the ones that are charging me. This would sound right if not for the fact that we were recieving the same updates as all the other platforms up to this point. The charge for the game is the same as all the other platforms. I guess it's just pure coincidence that we pay the same as GC, and this is the only game that we have an extra fee. Whatever.

He did make note of it and sent the information off to ST development. I was told there isn't any way to get in touch with them directly, not even they can(my reply was, are you allowed to look directly at them?). I'll give them another call tomorrow, and say the same thing to them.

Tested by pirates.

On 2006-04-04 11:24, Shigecki wrote:
    Day 7:
    Wow, I finally got someone one the phone at Sega. Unfortunately, it wasn't the right number. I spoke to a nice woman named Kristi. She refered me to another number, 1(81254-4175. This turned out to be another dead end. This was the number for Sega Entertainment, aka Game Works(a large arcade). They did give me another number, 1(88877-2669. This turned out to be Kristi again.

After expaining to Kristi again what I wanted, I got another number, 1(415)701-6000. It took me to one of those wonderful automated menu deals. If you do call this number, press 0, and tell the receptionist you are calling about Phantasy Star Online. She will direct your call to another menu. Press 2, then give the man your complaint.

I was given the opposite information from what was told to me by XBoxlive. They told me that Microsoft published the game and creates all the updates for the game themselves. I was told they are the ones that are charging me. This would sound right if not for the fact that we were recieving the same updates as all the other platforms up to this point. The charge for the game is the same as all the other platforms. I guess it's just pure coincidence that we pay the same as GC, and this is the only game that we have an extra fee. Whatever.

He did make note of it and sent the information off to ST development. I was told there isn't any way to get in touch with them directly, not even they can(my reply was, are you allowed to look directly at them?). I'll give them another call tomorrow, and say the same thing to them.
    I guess that's progress...

EDIT: I've discovered an email address for sonicteam [email protected]
    I found it in an old pso-world newspost, it might still work.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: zandra117 on 2006-04-04 12:49 ]</font>
    "Thol-Falz, tes par rel diemed. Tes syr, weh yi ryukad te reli, rel ken rel obid." Dark Force, your shrine is finished. Your sword, who you returned to reality, is able to be wielded.

On 2006-04-04 11:34, zandra117 wrote:
    EDIT: I've discovered an email address for sonicteam [email protected]
    I found it in an old pso-world newspost, it might still work.
    I'm sending in my email to that address also, hopefully it would reach them,.. meanwhile, i revisited the old Minhiro PSO official web site: http://www.sonicteam.com/pso/minhiro2/ , and found another email to ST: [email protected] under 'Contribution rule'> 'infomation'> 'Contribute'. I noticed rule for sending in email, "* Please always include the name of the country you are living in, your pseudonym and the name of game hardware you use.".. so, i put in my mssg like this:

, Han-III- from U.S.A. on Xbox Live / U.S.

...anywayz, surfing that web site just made me wonder how the heck did we end up like this???

Melee Mage Extraordinaire

Sega >_> wrote:
    [Dear Mr. ***cencored so certain people won't stalk me***,

Regards,
    -Sandi
    Sega Of America Technical Support
    I got Auto Reply'D

On 2006-04-05 11:53, Protatora wrote:
    Sega >_> wrote:
    [Dear Mr. ***cencored so certain people won't stalk me***,

Regards,
    -Sandi
    Sega Of America Technical Support
    I got Auto Reply'D
    What email address did you send it to?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: zandra117 on 2006-04-05 12:09 ]</font>

Melee Mage Extraordinaire

No clue. It was some form on Sega's website.