Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Take a look at General right now, and you'll see 5-6 "Best of Topics". I don't know how everyone else feels about this, but I find them to be unneeded clutter.

It might be a good idea to go back to a "PSO Best of" topic, like Kafka had going for a while. At the very least, a monthly "Best of" topic would keep out the clutter, while still allowing for open discussion.

Maybe we can even do a monthly themed topic? Like, "Best Music", "Best Level", "Best Boss", "Best Mag", etc.

I agree I posted when the thread "whats hot and whats not" came up assumign the least/most favorite thread was still up I think we should make one of those again.
    Call me a safe bet. I'm betting I'm not.
    I'm glad that you can forgive.
    Only hoping as time goes, you can forget.

La Chupacabra-1/2 Azn Ogre KaFKa's Avatar

On 2006-03-21 16:31, Eihwaz wrote:
    "PSO Best of" topic, like Kafka had going for a while.
    They deleted that topic?

Stupid mods.

On 2006-03-21 18:12, KaFKa wrote:
    They deleted that topic?

Stupid mods.
    It wasn't deleted, it was closed due to lack of interest.

Why not have a monthly topic, then? That way, interest is kept up (IE, not bogged down with 20 pages and tons of outdated posts), and we get rid of clutter.

The theme idea would probably help a lot for interest, I guess. Actually, I'm kind of in favor of that idea that most. That way, there can be more actual discussion, rather than just people posting a plain list of their faves.

Eihwaz wrote:
    Why not have a monthly topic, then? That way, interest is kept up (IE, not bogged down with 20 pages and tons of outdated posts), and we get rid of clutter.

The theme idea would probably help a lot for interest, I guess. Actually, I'm kind of in favor of that idea that most. That way, there can be more actual discussion, rather than just people posting a plain list of their faves.
    Well, your idea sounds feasible. It might help with the cluttering topics, specially those of the same theme. Being renewed monthly should also keep it somewhat fresh.

Now, this might or might not limit how the posts/discussions will go. The theme is wide enough for discussions, but that won't stop members from listing their 'best of' something.

Also, everyone will have so much of 'best of' before running out of them. Then the topic is dead, like Kaf's previous thread. So, it's not necessary to remake monthly.

At the moment, we are discussing this. In the meanwhile, give us more ideas & we will figure out a better way to handle this.
    Blink & you might miss it! ;3

Oh, keep sig at 600x180 px & 49KB, yah?

Maybe we could just bump the old one because I'm also a little annoyed at the newer users making so many BEST OF topics. :/

http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.p...=85222&forum=1

Or, maybe some kind of account modification that would include such an area? I know that's a lot of work on that one, but it's still an idea.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Skorpius on 2006-03-22 09:20 ]</font>

The problem with Kafka's thread was that as time went on, it would be referenced whenever a topic that could be considered a poll came up. The thread would be closed and that was the end of the story. Even when the thread was referenced, hardly anyone ever used it. It served to stifle discussion more than it encouraged it. So, it was closed.

Sometimes when a new user joins the forum, they bring a lot of enthusiasm with them. This results in him/her replying to a lot of threads in a short amount of time. As long as they provide good answers and do not bump/spam, there isn't a problem. It is expected that the more experienced posters on the forum will provide news users with guidance and direct them to the appropriate rules/site sections when it is appropriate.

GO TO HELL C:

If you don't like it, ignore the newer users. I never did see what was so hard about that :/

On 2006-03-22 10:55, Saiffy wrote:
    If you don't like it, ignore the newer users. I never did see what was so hard about that :/
    When you come to a forum looking to read new topics and new replies and it's all just the same old junk by new users, it starts getting pointless to come here to read.