Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Best ID overall

I say Yellowboze, Redria, and Purplenum are top.
    Pinkal, Skyly, Greenill, and Viridia come next.
    Then there's Whitill, Bluefull, and Oran.

[/bias]

Redria gives some good slicers, shots, and protection. Yellowboze gives lots of money (what's not to love?) and Purplenum gives good guns (like Panzer and 9000M to name a few)

Pinkal is too strictly focused. You basically are FORCED to be a Force. Skyly gets SJS, but finds Last Survivor and Dragon Slayer far too much. Greenill and Viridia aren't good or bad.

Whitill.....I just don't like. Bad exclusives, and it's just not that great in general. Bluefull speaks for itself. And Oran.....Too many Cross Scars. It gets Motav for Forces, DClaw for Hunters, and, if you're lucky, Ano Rifle for Rangers.

That's my opinion.
    Kyousei - 21 Fnewm

REJJII of the Azure Flame

It seems like everyone likes Redria, despite all other preferences.

On 2006-04-18 11:29, GrumblyStuff wrote:
    Still, I'd definitely put Redria above Skyly.
    UrikoBB3
    Psycho Skyly

As you can probably guess, I don't agree XP

I love Skyly for the awesome weapon drops-as far as I'm concerned, no ID comes even close. This of course is a biased opinion, seeing as Ive played Skyly for 2 1/2 years.

The only downside to Skyly is the lack of defensive equipment, so I made a Yellowboze to sort that out, since it appeared to have a nice balanced chart.

I see Skyly as the best ID, but as I said, it's a biased opinion. Skyly isn't as great if you're not prepared to either:
    1) Hunt tradebait for armour/shields
    2) Make a Redria XP

HUnewearl power since 2003. NGS Official Creator (SectionSkyly)

REJJII of the Azure Flame

The next character I'm making is gonna be a Skyly, it's good to know it has good drops.

I'd say...

YellowBoze, Whitil, Redria, Oran
    Greenill, Purplenum, Pinkal
    Viridia, Skyly, Blueful

Yellowbose has overall, the best (item class) drop rates, its just a generic one that I use if I cant decide what I want.

Whitill has some of the best drops for hunters/ranger IMO, and frequently finds many various item classes, the only thing I dislike is that it has the lowest shot dropping rate. Shots are quite useful later in the game hah.

Redria has slightly lower item class drops then yellowboze, but finds a more broad range of rare items. And ive only used skyly once so i cant wholeheartedly make a statement about that hah.

Oran is my favorite Hunter ID, mostly because im a dagger whore user and because it has the second highest sword drop rate, which is good in later difficulties. (personally I don't use it in normal or hard mode much at all)

Greennill and Purplenum are your ranger IDs, its a matter of preferences when it comes between these two.

Pinkal is the best of the Force IDs out there IMO, High Wand/Cane drop and a enhanced technique drop rate, what more could a force ask for?

And I dont use the 3rd tier all that much, so i wont go into my opinions on those.

On 2006-04-20 18:39, UrikoBB3 wrote:
    As you can probably guess, I don't agree XP
    Don't get me wrong. I love Skyly too but I feel quite limited in what areas I can/should play in. I try to optomize for the best drops and drop rates so I don't play Forest (much), Ruins, Spaceship, and Control Center (Control Tower I do though).

But then that's 'cause I'm a cheap 'tard and don't have a HL and a modem/BBA.

PSU Machinema Producer

I like them all, even though I prefer Whitill, Redria and Purplenum. As long as I get the items I want, it's cool. Still need to train my oran for those chakrams, need Ult and she's in normal X(
    It really depends on drop rates and the weapons you're looking for. A pinkal on a ranger wouldn't look too good as it's more a FOrce thing. You know, that kind of stuff.

the best to me are redria and yellowboze, i prefer redria though.

Well, my main has been Yellowboze for 3 years now, so it will always be my #1.

As far as everything else goes, I'm on par with the list Skorpius posted earlier:

Redria, Purplenum, Whitill
    Oran, Viridia, Skyly
    Pinkal, Greenill, Bluefull

I've had great success with Greenill and Skyly.