Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Ok i wanna know what card you are running and is PSU running good? Im wanting to get a new GPU. does nvidia 6200 run it at max or mayber a 6600?

Got an Ati Radeon9200 pro and it runs with pretty nice grapĥics

It depends on which 6600 series model you are looking at. The only one I personally would suggest would be the GT. It is not much more than the basic 6600 but it provides an additional kick that could very well be noticed in game. Just be sure to choose the correct type, whether your board supports AGP x4/x8 or PCI-Express x16.

As for me, I'm currently running a single 7800 GTX at 490MHz core and 1300MHz VRAM. I'll probably upgrade this year when the first DirectX 10 cards hit the market. And if I have enough money, and the cards are priced low enough, I'll hope to get two of the G80 (or 81 or whatever the top happens to be) cards for SLI. Until then I am certain that the X800+ from ATI and the 6800GT+ and 7600+ from nVidia will be able to handle PSU at pretty much maximum settings with no ill effects so long as Sega built the engine better than the PSO engine. Of course, it might be only the X1600+ if Sega somehow implemented SM 3.0 effects in which case the X1000 series is the only group of ATI cards which can do that. But, like I say, I doubt that but it could happen.

I use a 6800 GT in my system. It is able to run PSU at max settings with no problems.

[quote]
    On 2006-04-30 09:32, Norvekh wrote:
    It depends on which 6600 series model you are looking at. The only one I personally would suggest would be the GT. It is not much more than the basic 6600 but it provides an additional kick that could very well be noticed in game. Just be sure to choose the correct type, whether your board supports AGP x4/x8 or PCI-Express x16.

As for me, I'm currently running a single 7800 GTX at 490MHz core and 1300MHz VRAM. I'll probably upgrade this year when the first DirectX 10 cards hit the market. And if I have enough money, and the cards are priced low enough, I'll hope to get two of the G80 (or 81 or whatever the top happens to be) cards for SLI. Until then I am certain that the X800+ from ATI and the 6800GT+ and 7600+ from nVidia will be able to handle PSU at pretty much maximum settings with no ill effects so long as Sega built the engine better than the PSO engine. Of course, it might be only the X1600+ if Sega somehow implemented SM 3.0 effects in which case the X1000 series is the only group of ATI cards which can do that. But, like I say, I doubt that but it could happen.

Are you a nerd?

Tired Cynic

I have no problems with a 6800 GS in my computer.

I've been holding off building a new gaming/showcase machine until the new M2 boards are released along with the new FX62 from AMD (hopefully available this June.) Nvidia will be releasing a new 7950GTX 2 Dual GPU card very soon, so until the 8 series cards come out, I'll be using a Quad SLI setup with two 7950GTX 2's. It's overkill to be sure but when you build custom gaming rigs for customers, you need to be able to show off the latest technology (not to mention that I can write off much of it on my taxes since I have a Business License and Tax ID ) I'll also be including a PhysX card in the machine (they are supposedly going to be available in May.)

Nvida RSX! That thing is such a beauty...

[quote]
    On 2006-04-30 09:58, scott1114 wrote:
    On 2006-04-30 09:32, Norvekh wrote:

Are you a nerd?

Are you just too ignorant, "busy" or full of your self to consider learning anything? Insulting someone who KNOWS MORE THEN YOU ABOUT SOMETHING is highly.... well I don't worsen the subject.

On topic: a 6600 will most likely do you fine, but if you want the maximum eye candy you'll want to upgrade.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Tonezorz on 2006-04-30 13:40 ]</font>

My 6800 GT runs smoothly (haven't checked the true FPS) with max settings at 1280x1024. I haven't tried forcing any AA or AF though. And as a note, this is running with power only through the motherboard. I dont have the external 6-pin connector running to it right now.