Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

It seems my use on PSU Beta has come to an end.
    To everyone who enjoyed or was informed by the previous posts and shots, all the better. I tried actually PLAYING the game last night and failed. Monsters flash on and off, the ground is nothing but splintered textures and they sky is plaid. Everyone is a twitching ghost. I leveled, so I think I hit something. Not that I could tell. It runs so slow it takes 5 min to go 5foot. Boring as heck. I can't report if I can't function.

But since that Saffran post went away, I'm going to post to the BBS with my issues. I did those other posts so that EVERYone could be as informed as I was on the beta. So that maybe someone would have some input, a voice on this BBS. Will it help? Who knows, but if we dont TRY, then first, we won't be doing our part in the Beta as it said we must, and we'll NEVER KNOW if we could've made things better.

Here is the current state of the post, and if you've got anything to add or any critiques ideas w/e should be said post 'em on here. I'm not gonna actually throw it onto the BBS till later. Also if you have a better translation than what's here, I'll switch it to that if you can do JP.

The post below is done with babelfish. The line of eng is on top, and the JP line follows it so you can read along. I picked words that DONT seem to have many equivelents (at least in eng) so as to hopefully not confuse it. The point has to be persuasive AND clear.

Hello,
    I have noticed *many* similar looking characters
    こんにちは、私は* 多数* 同じような見る特性に気づいた

I, and many others on the Beta think that it is because the "Character Body Adjustment Tool"
    ので"特性ボディ調節用具" *るとI, 及びベータの多*の他は考える

does not have an option for a large muscular character. The characters are tall and average.
    大きい筋肉特性のための選択を持っていない。特性は高 *、平均で*る。

We request that the adjustment tool be altered so that you can create different looking large people.
    私達は異なった見る大きい人々を作成できるように調節 用具が変わるように要求する。

(how come ALL 3 bits end with the looping 3 mark? Why are the quotes at the start instead of the end in the second bit? It this thing messed?)

What else could you say? How clear is this? Why say just this? If you look at the other posts you can see people's complaints being resolved. My shopping photos show you'll be able to buy PLENTY of stuff no matter what you are, so no worries. The weps selection is quite sweet, and we know there's enough techs. Everyone's happy with the monsters/environments etc, making this the only thing I can think of streight away that doesn't seem to have a "Future Fix Ensured"

I do have one request though.
    Anyone on the beta PLEASE PLEASE do a post similar to this one. There's gotta be more then 1 dude out there clamoring for something to make it happen. Take the time. Say something. You may never know how it was answered (cant read it) but unless people speak up, nothing's gonna change. YOU MATTER. NOW is our time to matter. They ARE listening over there, you know how everyone is always complaining "ST dont listen to us blah blah" well NOW THEY ARE! It says they won't resp you directly, but you know they're reading that sucker every day.

Say something.
    Not just 'kudos ST doin' fine', campaign for accessories like earrings/makeup/hats/glasses/RAcast heads whatever, you're gonna be heard! If you do post something to them, might post it here too...I'm sure people are curious, and everyone on PSOW seems helpful too with ideas.

This is your chance to say something and have it heard, beta password-owners. Take it. If not for something YOU want, take it for the community or someone you care about on it. We're all gonna be there, might as well make it great.

Wolf ET Master

Heh,
    This is exactly the reason I didnt want anyone from PSOW (non-Japanese in general) to get into bPSU.
    If you cant speak Japanese, which you need to help test the game, than you dont belong in beta imo.
    Now, this doesnt refer to Azure, who did incredible job as tester and info supplier : ).
    I just hope there is going to be US beta.

This is exactly the reason I didnt want anyone from PSOW (non-Japanese in general) to get into bPSU.
    If you cant speak Japanese, which you need to help test the game, than you dont belong in beta imo.
    Let alone have a PC that can even run the thing decently. I just don't understand it, but whatever.

Cold as winter, guns of summer. Point and watch them run.
    Which PSO-W Member Are You?

On 2006-04-30 15:05, peenk wrote:
    Heh,
    From what I was told, the application form for PSU had a "Non-Japanese" option in it.

Wolf ET Master

On 2006-04-30 15:13, Skorpius wrote:
    From what I was told, the application form for PSU had a "Non-Japanese" option in it.
    Then the beta would be international, no?
    Then why was there no way to file application in English?
    I see NO reason for anyone but Japanese players to test out a game that comes out especially for Japanese market.

On 2006-04-30 15:22, peenk wrote:
    I see NO reason for anyone but Japanese players to test out a game that comes out especially for Japanese market.
    http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.p...487&forum=20&4

Good work AzureBlaze. Shows that you don't need to know Japanese alltogether to attempt to help out.

All the more reason to put the damm thing to good use!
    Test it and do the part to put up a decent comment on it, not just 'oh yay it didnt break my system/I dont see anything wrong'. HAVE an opinion. If there's something you want and you got into beta, SAY IT. Anyone who got into this thing should know they had a bit of work for themselves in trying to put together a legible-to-jps post.

Its not like JP is mega-superior to all other countries and PSOW is a lot of incompetent morons. This place, this board has the resources to get up REAL POSTS by the real testers! There are lots of intellegent people on here who are not just freeloading this sucker for selfish interests. There are people who CAN speak good enuff JP w/o babelfish to aid those who can't in making a good post.

**We are capeable**We are competent**We are NOT inferior freeloaders**

All it takes is a bit of effort by those involved. That's why this is a community, and a damm good one. It's people working together to do stuff individuals can't. If people pitch in, work together, and actually do something NOTHING will be wasted.

I was under the impression that living in Japan was a prerequisite for signing up for the Beta... But I could be wrong...

And yea... It's not like Sonic Team bought you a birthday gift (PSU) and you have to tell them how great it is, and how much you love it... They are taking your money so by all means find anything you can to tell them to make the game even better... Not that it really matters when you can't speak Japanese, but I'm sick of hearing that the game is absolutely perfect! Find something wrong with it then! >< Already I have problems with the game without even playing it... I feel like the people who have actually really gotten to play the game are just too caught up in it to realize it's imperfections...

26Mins for EpI C1 stage

I would like to report a little bug thingie, but neither of my webbrowsers (firefox and IE) seem to be able to load japanese characters in PSOW. Same goes for my e-mails accounts at hotmail and gmail, the JP characters will load up as random weird stuff.

Could anyone report a little issue for me at the PSU JP boards?

*RFB: Yes!
    That's why the post is here!
    This post is not here to argue over stuff at all, it's here so that other people can express what they want. IDC how many posts I gotta say, it's gettin' done.

What are your issues?
    What do you want that you havn't seen AND that HASNT been covered by me that it is "likely to exist in the future?

The point of this is to compile what everyone wants to say, get someone or something to help 'em say it and give everyone the voice they need over on ST's place. I did my posts so everyone could be as educated as I was. So that everyone COULD have a legit opinion. There's more than 1 tester on the boards, so we got plenty of people to speak up, let's do it.