How many?
    And what are they?
    Head?
    Body?
    Arms?
    Legs?
    Accessories?
    DETAILS PREAZE!

Different types of guards have different slots. From some translations I'm currently working on, I've seen guards that have anywhere between one and three slots -- head, arm, body, or extra. So far, I've seen no four slot guards. Just like in PSO, you can insert a unit into these slots for improved performance in a certain area. I'll be working on translations of unit names and descriptions shortly. Off hand, though, I can recall a few unit names such as Pelpa/Power, Pelpa/Hit and Meiga/Stamina.

Down for the Getdown

So, the only kinda armor you can REALLY equip is a guard?
    And the accesories and such that you can equip depend on how many slots your guard has?
    So...The normal slots like head, body, arms, etc. are gone?

They call them guards in the game, but they're more or less like armor. Honestly, it seems more or less like PSO as far as armor slots and units go. One major difference though, is that only certain types of units can be equipped in certain slots. For example, Pelpa/Hit is an arm slot unit. If your guard doesn't have an open arm slot, you can't use it.

so its like your "guard" is all your equipment. which may include arm slots leg slots etc, and you seem to get about 4 things you can put in your guard?

If anything, it seems more like classic PS. You have equipment for your head & arms (or individual arms). This could actually be a good thing! Long have I waited for the return of such items...

techn0rganic

Uh, how about re-explaining that whole elemental resistence, thing. I heard the glowing parts on the clothes was for elemental resistence. Does this only appear depending on what equipment you put on?

On 2006-04-30 22:14, physic wrote:
    so its like your "guard" is all your equipment. which may include arm slots leg slots etc, and you seem to get about 4 things you can put in your guard?
    Yeah, something like that. You can have up to four slots in your guard, but I've yet to see one with that many. So far, the Busters Line and Agehasenba are the only guards I've seen with more than two slots. They each have three; the Busters Line has a head, an arm and a body slot while the Agehasenba has a head, a body and an extra slot. Now, the way the units are divided up is by slot types which they can be inserted into. Head units will only fit in head slots, body units into body slots, etc. Head units seem to encompass mental power (MST, TAP), arm units cover attack (ATP, ATA), body units cover defense (DFP, EVP) and extra units cover endurance (END).

Can you see them?
    What do the little slot-in things look like? Are they a gizmo-box like they were on PSO with the invisible item inside? Do you actually see your sheilds like some of the rare ones on PSO? (and if you can, do they alter their look when you slot something into them?)

On 2006-04-30 22:27, _Tek_ wrote:
    Uh, how about re-explaining that whole elemental resistence, thing. I heard the glowing parts on the clothes was for elemental resistence. Does this only appear depending on what equipment you put on?
    From what I understand, you can change the photon element of your clothing's SLS on the fly. It seems that certain guards have a base general defense increase which covers all photonic elements; that would be the glowing lines of the SLS. I guess you have a slightly greater defense against whichever element matches your current SLS color. However, there are some guards that have specific elemental resistance increases -- Rabol Stella, for example, which has an increased dark photon resistance. That makes me think that even if you don't have the Rabol Stella's SLS set to purple for dark photon, you'll still have that increased dark resistance if you take a dark attack.

Does that make sense?