Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I followed this guide for the Soul Eater quest:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/drea...soul_eater.txt

I've done everything this guide says and it didn't work.

When I played the quest "DR. OSTO's RESEARCH" I did NOT tell Sue my name. Then I beat all the other quests, (and a few days earlier even the regular game) in normal mode.

After all the quests were reopend,I went back to "DR. OSTO's RESEARCH" and did just like the guide said: don't tell her your name yet again, don't go in pipe until you talk to the red and black ranger. I did that. I think he told me something like "you better forget everything you heard today" or something. That was it.

Then I went to the quest "UNSEALED DOOR" and completed the whole quest *without* seeing Sue like the guide said I would. I figured, maybe I missed her and it wasn't all that important.. ok.. so I did like the guide said and went to the "WATERFALL TEARS" quest and talked to Sue before going in. She didn't really say anything useful, but I talked to her. Then I fought Anna twice, and there was no black hound after the telepipe opened. I searched the whole darn caves, no green arrow for a NPC.

So there it is, quest didn't work for me. I followed it word for word and spent SEVERAL hours trying to do it. Now I'm just pissed off and wish I figure out what went wrong. Anyone know of something I might have missed? Remember, I did NOT tell Sue my name either time... Maybe I was supposed to find Sue in UNSEALED DOOR but managed to skip past her?

hopefully someone can help me figure out what went wrong..

-snipp

I don't know if this helps, but when I did the quest I did them as they opened in normal. I didn't go through them then go back after they were all reopened. I think you might have to do them in order on the next difficulty setting. They are set up so that you don't have to beat all the quests to do it. As you clear the necessary quests the others open in proper order. Don't know if that helps any.

PSO Assassin
    NYC, Staten Island (the forgotten borough)

You HAVE to find Sue and you might have messed it up so wait till hard and vhard or of course go back to unsealed door (beat all the quests if you completed it)

<font size=1>[ This message was edited by: Manny on 2001-02-23 16:06 ]</font>

The guide said make sure you have ALL quests completed and have beaten the game. It probably works either way, this being the safe way.

And where do I find Sue in UNSEALED DOOR? Is she just in a room somewhere? I completed the quest without ever seeing her..

And is the ranger supposed to say something more than just "you better forget everything you saw here today"?

still can't find sue.. doing quest now just cleared out all of mines 2.. surely u dont see sue in mines 1?

PSO Assassin

I forget which area i think 2 (probably) and you dont need to beat all the quests/beat the game to do the soul eater quest

PSO Assassin

Oh and that ranger does nothing... just hints about the Blackhound operation...but nothing

so sue is found before you fight del rol?

WOOT found Sue! I know why skipped her too.. shes in a room near those things that can't be killed until you bash this little circular disk with spikes on it. And the disk is on the other side of the room so I just ran over there to kill that and missed her room totally..

I found it! woot maybe I'll get this soul eater after all