Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast
    REJJII of the Azure Flame

Are casts any good at being forces? Did they get enough MST to do decent damage with techs?

This also applies to the other races:

Are newmans any good at being rangers or hunters and are beasts any good at being forces and rangers?

When I say "good", I mean compared to humans who are balanced at everything. It would also help if you said how they compared in that class.

I know there was a thread that had this, but it only showed the stats for all of them. I want to know how they stack up in the actual game.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: REJ- on 2006-05-13 12:00 ]</font>

Call me if theres any E-Drama

well think about it. A cast is able to cast techs, a cast. Robot. It will probably be the equivelent of a ramar or humar on pso. The only useful techs will be healing and support

So is it a waste to make a RAnewm? I don't want any techs... but I want high accuracy... and I will not use a cast... it's not my style.

Well I dont think a Ranewm would be so bad, you wont have any techs and your damage would be kinda bad.. you should probably go human if you want to do ranger, but I suppose a ranewm wouldnt be so bad. Focasts are pretty decent, as are Fobeasts they would both be good supports later on in the game with decent damaging techs. Newmans make below par hunters though, the damage isnt that great and the EVP didnt do enough for me to notice.. I rarely dodged, and when I got hit it hurt.

In the beta, the differences were still rather small. Keep in mind that now at level ~30 it might be completely different from what it would be like eventually though.

Hmm..
    newmans would make pretty good rangers, if you think about it.
    Sure, they don't have alot of power, but they have the second best ata as a race, so I wouldn't be suprised to see quite a few of them in the final game.

Beast and casts will be the new FOmar, probably

Are Newmans elves or cats? D:

FOBeast is actually better at Force than Human IMO. Placing them in second, under newman, for force. Human and Beast have about the same MST, however, Beast has their natural high HP/DFP which can make them tanks of forces. So, they can take damage and give it, while newmans can only give the damage . My own Beast (as a force) could dish out nice damage, as well as take alot of damage.

RAnewearl: I tried a RAnewearl on the last day of Beta. Got to quite a high level fast (lol 100k meseta). Newman is quite nice at Ranger it seems. Not the greatest ATP, but gun's high ATP, and PAs make up for that. And Newman ATA is nice.

RABeast: I made my main Beast a Ranger for quite some time. In my exprience it was nice. Sure, Beasts do not seem like they have alot of ATA. But I had no problems hitting.

FOCast: A good friend of mine played FOCast for the majority of the Beta (Beatrixkiddo). His Cast may not have dealt alot of damage with Techs, but, he could still heal with Resta. Not to mention his melee damage was good. So yeah, you could say Casts will be the new FOmar. However, meleeing with any force in PSU is like asking for pain ;p.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Zephyr_ on 2006-05-13 15:34 ]</font>

I read it on PSOW, so it must be true

Are melee Forces super much harder in PSU than in PSO? I'd like to make my main human character a melee FO

FObeast / FOcast: I played with Beatrixkiddo quite a bit aswell, and you can definately see the difference in ability to take damage. I might have to agree and say that human may infact be the worst FO. No race can compare to the damage of a FOnewearl(or newm for that matter), but beast and cast damage isn't anything to mock. A FOcast and a FObeast probably still have higher damage output then HUs of any race do, and FOcast and FObeast have atleast twice the survability of a FOnewearl. As I said in another thread, this makes them excellent combat healers and great support, and when it comes down to it, in the harder places, when there was only one FO, no matter what race you were, you became largely support.

RAnewearl: I also played RAnewearl the last day. Really, the damage wasn't bad at all. I was about equivalent damage, maybe slightly less, than what the hunters were doing. It wasn't laughable at all. Also, I never missed. I know I've seen other RA miss, though I rarely saw any RA. In theory, RAnewearl have huge accuracy and huge evade. Two things that are great for RA. Also, their damage wasn't horrible. About the only real negative was their low HP. I had like 514 at level 30 with level 1 RA. That was less what a level 30 FOnewearl had with level 10 FO. The RA would probably overtake the FO by the time they were equal levels, but it wouldn't be by much. They'd basically end up being a good, solid RA, with the survivability of a FO.

RAbeast: Didn't see any of these actually... but, I imagine their only real disadvantage would be their inability to equip the bigger guns. I believe i said in another thread that in theory, they'd probably be able to weild gun/melee better than any other race/class combination. I really think a RAbeast with a Mechgun/Saber would be really good, but I never had the chance to see one in action. So you know, when looking at it, human might make the worst RA aswell. Atleast thats my opinion. And its only an opinion. Atleast newman is undeniably the worst HU right now.

Melee Forces: Ugh~ I dunno about this. Melee forces are definately going to be harder than they were in PSO. Even a FObeast doesn't have that much ATP. Plus, the largest disadvantage is the fact that you can't cast techs while you have a melee weapon out. Umm... they'd probably be quite mean with a Bow. I must say, Beatrixkiddo had a mean bow. But the ATA of FO made even a FOcast miss decent amounts in Mizuraki A.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Itsuki-chan on 2006-05-13 16:54 ]</font>