Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Takao Miyoshi: At this time, the servers are going to be separated for the US and Japanese versions of the game. Unfortunately, the release dates will be very different between Japan and the US. However, we are thinking of updating everything equally for players in both Japan and the United States. The updates will probably be based on the release dates. So, say Japan receives the game three months before the United States, updates will be on an automatic three month delay for the US version, or something along those lines. We can't give you the exact intervals for how long the delays will be just yet.

Bad news, seperate servers are planned, as well as the release dates being very different.
    Looks like we will once again live in old news town.

26Mins for EpI C1 stage

The late updates certainly is no good, but I'm more dissappointed by the lack of linked servers
    Some of my best times in PSO was back in DC v2, playing C-mode with some JPs. Guess that wont happen ever again... sadly.

I second that RFB... And I so dearly wanted to practice my Japanese by hoping onto JP servers... Perhaps I will buy a separate JP copy of the game for that purpose... But hmmm... I remember hearing that a Japanese credit card would be required... Presenting a problem for me... Curses...

Yea, I'm a sad panda...

I'll have enough fun with the 12 year olds running around trying to mouth off and show how cool they are online to reminisce about the fun I had with the asians

I don't mind people who can speak English well in addition to their native language, but it tends to get annoying when you constantly encounter people who can barely speak English

Edit: Oh sure <_< Delete your post making my message seem odd and out of place >_>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Bastille on 2006-05-17 19:47 ]</font>

Dumbest. Idea. Ever. Not surprised though.

The Local Bartender

Why is it a dumb idea? I'm not getting what everyone is pissed off about....

Takao Miyoshi: At this time, the servers are going to be separated for the US and Japanese versions of the game.
    I wonder... o_o

Did Miyoshi-san say "At this time.." as in:

A) "This time with our game we will be having servers separate..."
    or
    B) "At this time the servers are seperate, but the situation may change in future..."

With B), maybe they will see how the 'hacking' or US server troubles go for the first few months/year. If they go fine, they will link servers! Maybe.

Meh, the wishful thinking never stops!

See my artwork at http://voxie.co.uk I hope to draw a super sexy hunewearl once I get a closer look at them in can stop playing PSO2...

I don't mind the separation so much since I didn't play with JPers on a regular basis, and I already accepted the server separation. What disappoints me more is that we'll have delayed updates. I was really hoping, and still am, that even though the US version comes out later, our updates would catch up to Japan's within six months.

With B), maybe they will see how the 'hacking' or US server troubles go for the first few months/year. If they go fine, they will link servers! Maybe.
    Ack, I hope that there's a possibility that the linking situation will change, but I hope it's not for that reason. That'd make me feel like I'm on probation. =(

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Axios- on 2006-05-17 19:50 ]</font>

On 2006-05-17 19:44, Bastille wrote:
    I don't mind people who can speak English well in addition to their native language, but it tends to get annoying when you constantly encounter people who can barely speak English
    Oh c'mon, did you already forget about the genius that was Word Select?

Of course, you did get some Japanese players who seemingly refused to use it... as well as US/EU players mind!

See my artwork at http://voxie.co.uk I hope to draw a super sexy hunewearl once I get a closer look at them in can stop playing PSO2...