Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    The most beautiful girl in the Gurhal System

Remember that out of control curse filter? How we had to spell common words like sh.oes and sat.urday. I was just wondering if episode2 has a filter that is a little more...functional. Maybe some of you importers know.

I found that the version 1 filter didn't block orgasm though. Just don't ask me the context in which I used it. This is a family friendly website.

Yeah, that got on my nerves, the little I played at my friend's house. Heh, it was funny, once, though, she said something... That wasn't really that bad, and it got filtered, so it looked really bad. I can't remember exactly what she said, but it was something to the effect that everyone in that lobby thought that she wanted to... Err.. Have some 'clean contact' with her other friend. Eheh. Stupid filter.

unfortunatly turd and hoes caused it in the first place

It's the same...

My favourite censor was "subnormal".

Squidsquatch

the best was 'cola'... I bust out laughing just thinking about it now XD

(yeah, i know it's spainish..)

The man with 1337 in his serial number.

you could say dammit...not a real curse word, or word for that matter, but thats how I said it.

Wielder of Divine Might

Pork, now that's a fun one. I played the Online trial for PC PSO and had some fun in an empty lobby.

*cackles at his own villainy

No form of bowel movments were able to make it through the censor.

SHOES! That's the best! My sister was "playing" the trial. That means chatting in the lobby like a dork. And what I hate is all my friends do the same thing, chat chat and chat. I hate it I tell you, HATE IT! Anyway back to my sister, she went in as a cute little Hunewearl named Bubbles. She was alone in a lobby with a Fonewearl when she decided to complement her on her step-ups. But instead of see in "hey there, nice shoes." the bubble said "Hey there, nice @#$%." Meaning, my nice little sister could of said anything (or atleast thats how it seemed to the Fonewearl)

The filter in GC PSO is the same as the revised one used in PC PSO. It's actually different than Dreamcast.

Rather than filter only on the server, it filters on both the client *and* the server. When you cuss, it sends it unfiltered to the server. The server will filter it before sending back to the clients in the room. However, the client *also* filters it on the way back. If the server doesn't filter it, the client will.

My guess as to why it doesn't filter before sending to the server is that Sonic Team could tell that you tried to cuss and maybe punish you somehow.

One of the more interesting "improvements" was more words that are banned. Bad words are now banned in many languages, not just English. The DC version blocked a few foreign words, but not nearly as many as the PC/GC versions. They even blocked the Japanese rendition of an English word: fakku.

BTW, they still haven't fixed at least one spelling error: "masterbate" is blocked, but the correct "masturbate" is not.

-- Barubary

lolDiads
    If Diad was a planet in PSU, I'd live there

Amusingly enough, subnormal is still blocked.

I hope you can toggle it off this time around.