Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What to do

Ok Im in a pickle of a jam. Or a jam of a pickle. Either way its not good. I live in Japan, so in August Ill be able to just walk into any store and buy the PSU game for PC. But my problem is should I or not? Its not that I dont want the game, I cant wait for it. Its that I wont understand the storyline, and online I wont be able to talk to anyone really cause I dont know Japanese. Plus, when the game comes out in America I dont know if the servers will be connected. And I have alot of friends state side that I got convinced to get this game. What should I do? Buy it early, not understand it, or wait for its USA release?

i ay wait for the US release if u can wait and also if u barely have ne friends state side then tell them to import the game if its just a few friends though

Well, if you can afford it, I'd say pick up the game in Japan when it comes out, do what you can with it, then import the US version when it comes out. If you can't afford to pick up both... then that's a pickle of a jam that stumps me too.

techn0rganic

If you seriously live permanently in japan, you better start learning the language.

Yeah, learn Japanese. You'd be needing it anyway. XD

The hobo of PSU (seriously I have no meseta) :(

I wanna learn japanese T_T I should really start actually getting lessons or something

the first step is denial..... wait thats for something else... I don't know where to start T_T maybe my school will offer courses for learning japanese.... seems doubtful though.

Version 2 veteran (playing offline)

Quite the dilemma here.

I agree with _Tek_. If you live there you should learn the language. Can be very usefull in some cases.
    Offline mode could be in english (text) though options menu but I can't garanty that. If it isn't you can probably best do online mode.

If you are there for a short period maybe you can borrow the game from a japanese friend.
    If you are gonna play in the states later on you'll need a new game. But if you have enough money get both games so you can swap the english audio files with the japanese ones. Otherwise youre game will look like an old kung fu movie -_-. Still this might not work but I am gonna try.

We might be able to give better advice if you tell a bit more of your self. But if you want to do that is all up to your self.

Im in the military and here til aug of 2007

August 2007?

Learn Kana - Fast ^_^

I would deffinatley suggest picking up both versions if that's possible. There's going to be quite a few of us importers on the JP version I believe so you wont be totally alone, and menu's and basic speech is quite simple to pick up over about a month or so.

But yeah, in the end it's really up to you.

Version 2 veteran (playing offline)

On 2006-06-07 02:53, mechatra wrote:
    August 2007?

Learn Kana - Fast ^_^

I would deffinatley suggest picking up both versions if that's possible. There's going to be quite a few of us importers on the JP version I believe so you wont be totally alone, and menu's and basic speech is quite simple to pick up over about a month or so.

But yeah, in the end it's really up to you.
    Agree.
    If you are there for over a year it will be worth learning it, if even for this game alone.

You will find a handfull of english speaking people playing on the japanese servers on this forum.
    The menus will probably not be in simple Japanese. Basic Japanese isn't that hard to learn.

If you study a little Japanese before august 31st and with a little help from this forum you'll probably have no problem playing online or story mode. I guess you can make a choice now.

If story mode doesn't seem possible due to the language ask one of your friends to send the English audio files when the U.S. version is released and replace the Japanese ones. Should work... or not . Gonna try it vice versa, the english dub looked... ugly.

To conclude my lauwe pietpraat, I must say you are a lucky you know what beeing stationed there. Have fun.