Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Weapons Discuss

Rappy Hunter

There are no section ID's in this version right? So im guessing that everyone can find the same rare items...theres no way you can just make every weapon..

... Huh? I'm not sure what you're asking here. Yeah, Section IDs are gone, which is frankly a relief. The only thing Section IDs accomplished was to make people alter their names to achieve specific IDs, and basically make rediculous to obtain certain rares, because you either had to level up a character of the appropriate ID, or find someone else to nag into making your room for you.

Rappy Hunter

yes what i meant was in this version you have to make weapons etc.. but what im saying is can everyone pick up the same rares now and make the same weapons?

Version 2 veteran (playing offline)

That is a defenit maybe.

It looks like everyone can pick up rares and use them for weapons.
    But I don't think ST have shown everything in the game till now. Weapons can still be race, gender or class based or even a mix of these.

Best thing we can do now is wait till the game comes out and we can confirm anything.

it's very likely there will be are rare weapons you can't synthesize.

that makes them even more rares.

in fact I believe rares can't be synthesize, they must be found.

but there will be a new kind of 'rares' that is tied to the synthesizing system. since right now no one knows the limits of synthesing weapons and stuff.

On 2006-06-21 04:50, Saner wrote:
    it's very likely there will be are rare weapons you can't synthesize.

that makes them even more rares.

in fact I believe rares can't be synthesize, they must be found.

but there will be a new kind of 'rares' that is tied to the synthesizing system. since right now no one knows the limits of synthesing weapons and stuff.
    I'd like to think of it the other way. The rares you have to synthesize, will be even more rare than the ones you find. I believe your above statment is somewhat flawed since it pretty much assumes 2 things that won't happen. #1 is that item synths always succeed, which isn't the case; in fact, the higher the star count of your item, the tougher it is to get out.

#2 being that rare boards are easy to find; they were never easy to find in the first place. If rare boards were easy to find, we'd have a huge game imbalance due to the sheer number of Megistride (all stats up) boards that would be floating out there.

Rappy Hunter

Since the offline character is strictly offline we cant use weapons we find in the quest online..and you cant play every quest online..so that means we would be missing out on some weapons/rare items then

so that means we would be missing out on some weapons/rare items then
    Very possible.
    There are some weapon (& items) initially unavailable offline for PSO, until PSO+ came out. Heh, even with PSO+, not every items are findable offline, except cheating. ;]

Blink & you might miss it! ;3

Oh, keep sig at 600x180 px & 49KB, yah?

On the synthesizing subject, I think the weapons and such you create could be influenced by what level/form your PM is.
    To create certain items you could make use of the option to enter another players house, and depending on his/her PM, there would be different items for sale, or you could ask him/her to create one for ya.

This could also mean a possibility of creating characters just for their PM synthesis abilities, to make another use of the shared bank. Just a thought.

P.S. I just read the updated PM guide menu, and it says "By giving your PM an item, you can alter its parameters. The items that your PM is best at synthesizing as well as its probability of success will be influenced by its parameters." Sounds cool.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kers on 2006-06-21 13:23 ]</font>

On 2006-06-21 13:11, Kers wrote:
    P.S. I just read the updated PM guide menu, and it says "By giving your PM an item, you can alter its parameters. The items that your PM is best at synthesizing as well as its probability of success will be influenced by its parameters." Sounds cool.
    Before I did that translation, I was under the impression that your PM's stats (melee, ranged, technic, defense) were in anticipation of it one day fighting at your side, and the higher it is in one thing, the better it would be at those types of attacks. But, now I think that each stat determines how good it is at producing that type of item. For example, a PM with high technic abilities would possibly make some kick-ass staves and wands where a PM with much higher defensive parameters would be better at making defensive gear.