View Poll Results: I personaly think that there should be a -computer Teck- "forum area" to discu

Voters
7. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

3 42.86%
  • No

4 57.14%
  • Wtf is a computer?

0 0%

I personaly think that there should be a -computer Teck- "forum area" to discuss Computer parts/ prices/ help/ building comps/. And i know Many people could and will benifit from this if this is created.

There are alot of people on this forum that know what there talking about and People that need help. I think that it should be let out for the better good of PSOw.

With all of the new Phantasy stars. On computer (BB,soon PSU, and PS1-4 if you emulate them I guess)There are alot of questions that enevitably get moved to off topic and that seems wrong. But that could just be my topics....

With the size of PSOw userbase growing every day. Not everyone knows how to run computers/ troubleshoot/ upgrade. I see alot of questions asking if the game will even run on there computer.

If this is created people can get there problems fixed and get back to what we all love to do.
    !Play games!

PS. If for some reason it doesnt work out you can always just erase it like nothing ever happened. But im confident that it will work.

omg i'm SPY

On 2006-06-28 21:30, NuclearRanger wrote:

I personaly think that there should be a -computer Teck- "forum area" to discuss Computer parts/ prices/ help/ building comps/. And i know Many people could and will benifit from this if this is created.
    There are plenty of other sites out there that are dedicated to such subjects.

With all of the new Phantasy stars. On computer (BB,soon PSU, and PS1-4 if you emulate them I guess)There are alot of questions that enevitably get moved to off topic and that seems wrong. But that could just be my topics....
    What's wrong with Such topics being moved to off-topic? Makes sense to me.

With the size of PSOw userbase growing every day. Not everyone knows how to run computers/ troubleshoot/ upgrade. I see alot of questions asking if the game will even run on there computer.
    Those people should really take an Intro to Microcomputers class, or stick to the console versions of PSU...

Realy though if we can help people get on PSO/U shouldnt we? The more the better.
    If anyone needs help on PC hardware, building a computer, parts/pricing recommendation for PSO-2 please go to this thread:
    http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=189487

Tech Support and Off Topic work perfectly fine.

On 2006-06-28 22:49, Skorpius wrote:
    Tech Support and Off Topic work perfectly fine.
    That I do beleve is more baced on psos errors.
    We should at lease get one thats not under PSO besides what could it hurt?
    If anyone needs help on PC hardware, building a computer, parts/pricing recommendation for PSO-2 please go to this thread:

There are already countless boards devoted to nothing but computer tech support. A gaming site like PSOW doesn't need to burden itself with a section like that. That's not the site's business.

PSOW's tech support is for problems concerning the PSO game. For everything else, there's Master Card there are boards for other games, and boards for computers in general all across the Internet.
    "Sword logic? That's cute."

Just a thought but there are going to be more and more Computer questions and im guessing 90% of them will go into the PSU section then moved to offtopic especialy with the higher stats required for PSU vs PSOBB even if a low end can run it. n.n

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: NuclearRanger on 2006-06-29 16:15 ]</font>

omg i'm SPY

Somehow, I doubt that the occasional technical question in off-topic is the area of concern that this site should be worried about, but maybe I'm just a fool.

Well, your idea is nice, but I don't see how occasional technical PSU problems should deserve to have another section. We have more urgent matter to deal with.

As many have said before, Tech Support & Off Topic are perfect fine for such topics. The most we can offer you is a (floating) sticky, in either in TS or OT.
    Blink & you might miss it! ;3

Oh, keep sig at 600x180 px & 49KB, yah?