Page 1 of 17 123411 ... LastLast

After reading about all the classes stats and everything....It seems like the game really favors Androids. They have the best ATA, 2nd best attack and HP, best defense, and worst magic. But now that magic is a force exclusive, Androids completely overshadow Humans and Newmans that aren't forces. They have SUV weapons, where humans and newmans have nothing,and they have MUCH better stats than Humans and Newmans for Hunter and Ranger class.

Not only that, but they seem like they will end up being better than beast as well. More defense and less HP seems like they will be about even in durabiltity, and although the beast has a bit more attack, they have abysmal ATA. Going from previous experience on PSO, on the higher(highest, rather) difficulties, everything became much harder to hit. This may end up making beasts suck later in the game(Although be a bit better until then, probably) Androids would have no trouble at all with this, on the other hand...And the fact beasts have bad accuracy makes them a worse choice for rangers, too, IMO. IIRC, Androids are still immune to most status effects, right?

Of course, this is just going on what I know. Humans may have a slight edge, or Androids a weakness I dont know about.This may not even be true for the real game, this is just an observation of what I know.

Any and all meatbags are inferior to machines.

It's science.

Snow Queen King & a Veritable Buffet of Manliness

Us meatbags created you and we can reach for the off switch XD. But seriously you do sound like you have a point EnixBelmont Cast's may just end up being the most powerful overall by the end of the game.
    But im still going Human.

Casts are susceptable to all the same status effects as the other races, I believe.

Also, don't forget that it doesn't seem there'll be difficulties this time around, so it's likely there won't be any sudden jump in enemies' evade levels that makes accuracy as huge a factor as it is in ultimate in PSO.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kyuu on 2006-07-04 03:22 ]</font>

Well, I wasnt sure about the status effects. Thats good that it is the same now.

And from what I hear, instead of difficulties, there are ranks for each mission. As in Say mission 1: battle training will have 4 ranks, C, which you can do at any level, B. which you must be level 20 for, A, which you need level 40 for, and S, which has a level 80 requirement. Thats what I heard, am I wrong? Of course these are just examples, I only heard there were 4 ranks for missions and you need to be level 20 to do the second rank

And I cant blame you for going human, they can do any job well. So if you want to switch, they'd be the best. They also look the most normal.(But I like casts the best, personally, in looks)

The matriarch of maniacal grins

Hmm... now I like to play defensive strategies whenever I can 'cause competitively it seems to screw with people's minds that they can't breach my defenses - but yet I wish to have a beast as my main which are aggressive as hell, who knew?! - and raw durability and HP amount - plus agility/evasion to some degree - are always things to factor in.

Yet I always find that people ignore the importance of HP - from MY experience that is - but in my eyes it goes mo' HP > mo' Defense. Why? Because when there are two - if not more - different natures that one can receive damage from usually you can only bolster the one defensive stat no (as in physical or magical.)?

So, when you look at HP now... it is also a 'durability' stat' yet it serves to guard you against any form of assault, that is... it increases your longevity versus attacks of any nature be it magical, physical or what have you. But then again, it is often the case that you must raise your HP a lot for it to be useful, as in high enough so that you can withstand that uber-pwnage-kablamo-blast but hey... when you do, it'll be the HP saving your hide rather than your defense since if you happened to have moseyed on over to that area earlier that shielding value just wouldn't have cut it.

So HP = better general durability. Defense = can serve a better purpose than HP if it's specialized.

Um, yeah... so I'm groggy right now, and I've more than likely beat around the bush so if you've managed to pry out my 'point' then more power to you.

(BTW yeah, the casts look mondo kewl this time around. I may find myself having a hard time sharing the 'air-time' between my two characters because of that.)

SUV's are cool but are inferior to nano blasts from what ive seen. the damage output and utility of nano blasts seems far greater than that of SUVS. plus SUVs i believe take up unit slots and require a special types of armor.

sig by gama
    Justina human female Te/Hu maybe braver soon
    Shayla newman female Br/Ra
    Alisha.EXE cast female Bo/Hu
    ship 02 team:none

I think Nanoblasts seem better too. But SUVs > Nothing, which is what Humans/Newmans have.

And in general, HP does > Defense, but since Androids have close HP(second best) anyway, I say they are equal. Although I dont know anything about monsters in this game, in battlemode, Defense is probably more useful. Since 75% of all players will be Hunters or Rangers(50% hunters, 25% ranger) and only forces get magic now, defense is a bit more useful. And most of those forces will be Newmans, which IIRC has the best evasiveness. Not good for beasts. Regardless, the difference will probably be so small it will barely make a difference, which is why I say they have equal Durability.

Can anyone confirm what I said about ranks? I may be wrong, and I'd like a confirmation...

I don't care, I'm picking whatever I want, which are meatbags.
    Street Fighter IV: Chun Li, Ryu
    King of Fighters XII: Terry, Kim, Kyo
    BlazBlue: Litchi, Noel

....Just to be clear, the purpose of this topic was to say androids seem to be more advantageous this time around, not to make fun of anyone that plays as a human or newman. I was just stating they seem better.