Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

I’ve been thinking about the “lesser” class-race combinations such as FOcasts, RAbeasts, and HUnewms. Maybe there will be special items out there to bring them up to par with their class counterparts. Perhaps these items could make these class-race combinations more enjoyable.

*of course this is all speculation*

For an example: I’d like to try out a FOcast, maybe they will have a special MST orientated SUV weapon much the way hunters COULD use the Elysion and rangers the Holy Ray.

The hobo of PSU (seriously I have no meseta) :(

cool idea. not sure if that will be included but it would be pretty awesome ^_^

yeah that sounds awsome! i like that idea

Uh oh. I forsee an irritable PhotonCat post in this thread's future. He doesn't like the idea much.

It's been speculated there may be such before. Given that there were a few race and gender specific items in PSO, it's certainly probable that they may do such in PSO as well.

We'll see.

Yeah I don't want this thread to be a battle ground

That would definitely be a way to restore some of the balance between the races/classes. The only problem is that these special items would almost be guaranteed to be extremely rare, extemely expensive, or only available until late in the game; something that valuable couldn't be easy to acquire.

They'll probably have at least a few items like that.

I like the idea of making a few items for certain race/class combos, but not if they're just flat-out unequippable to those outside the combos. Like, the equipment designed for just one or two race/class combos might be quite less than optimal for most race/class combos but still equippable. (Perhaps for aesthetic purposes, challenging oneself, or experimentation.)

PSU has units much like in PSO which can be used to alter stats. Unlike PSO though, certain types of items are associated with a certain slot, so you can't stack a bunch of God/Mind type units for example. You can only put units in slots that they're supported in, like head gear slots for example can only have a certain type of unit.

RSE or Race Specific Equipment goes back from a lot of games. It pretty much gives them the good greens of the class they have so it allows their job to be useable as that job, but in no way can it surpass the race that it was meant for.