Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Alright thanks to some people that were very helpful I now know that if I buy a power base it will work with my small genesis. I am considering buying the original PS games for the genesis.

My main concern is what happens if the batteries are dead in the game and I can't save? Where would I get the games themselves along with a genises AV cable and power base?

One last problem. My genesis is a bit fritzy and I don't trust it to play for long periods of time. What I mean is to even get it to start I have to wiggle the power cable in the back and get it to "the sweet spot" for it to turn on. Once it is actually on though I never know for how long

What could this problem be? Could my genesis be dying? Or is the power cable just crapping out on me? is there any way to tell?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

It's probably just the power cable crapping out. I had the same problem with the old NES power cables too.

Cold as winter, guns of summer. Point and watch them run.
    Which PSO-W Member Are You?

Ok I hope it is just the cable, but I need a way to tell. The power cable wiggles ALOT.

If the jack that the power cable plugs into doesn't move around and the problem only happens when you move cable itself then it's definitely the cable. Anytime I've had this problem it's always been the cable crapping out. Your Genny is probably fine xP

ok sweet! so, where can I pick up AV cables? And what about f***** up batteries in a bad game O_o?

eBay should have some replacement cables and I doubt they'd cost much. I got a couple there a while back and they worked just fine.

As far as batteries crapping out, I've never really found a solution for it. It just happens. I've heard of people replacing them, but I've never done it myself so wouldn't have the first clue on how to do so.

mmm... anyone else? I want to do this... PS is calling me O_O but anyone else have experience with battery replacement?

and I actually realy didn't understand what you meant about the wiggle thing ><

If I take something and touch the power port for the genesis I can wiggle it. Is my genesis dead v_v?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Foxix on 2006-08-14 20:00 ]</font>

Phantasy Star II - IV, used, $30 each

Phantasy Star I, used, $50

McVans has a 90-day return policy. I believe they change the batteries before selling a product, but it might be something you want to email them about. I can't recall if I ever changed the battery or not... my copies are burried from the move and are really just for display. I do my PS gaming on the PC through emulation most of the time.

McVans should also have AV cables for the system for sale. A lot of people will go in and just replace broken units, and don't buy the cords since they have them at home. You get a bit of a discount that way. So they should be able to hook you up. As for the power, just check the voltage on the AC adapter you have and then find the same voltage adapter at Radio Shack. It should work out find.

You'll most likely find much better deals through Ebay - and I would suggest looking there first. Do a few searches on Froogle as well. I think it would be a bit too expensive to buy them all through retail, so you'll save a lot of money shopping around. If you can't find what you're looking for, then go after the more expensive sure bet.

Feed men, and then ask of them virtue!

Over my seven or eight years in the Phantasy Star community, I've seldom heard of batteries dieing in the cartridges (to the fact, only once comes to mind, and the owner of the cartridge was able to change the battery to no ill results), so I wouldn't worry too greatly about finding a dead battery.

Go team ph4il! 02/07/2016

alright cool, thanks Meira mods always make things better