Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

I don't know if this is common knowledge by now but, I read this on http://www.psupedia.org.

08/11/2006: JP PSU Developer's Blog now up Edit: SIGN apparently does not accept foreign CCs
    Ryna on PSOW has posted in this thread that a new Developer Blog is now up on the official site. There appears to be little of interest at the moment, mostly talking about the Premiere Disc and the previous release date postponements from what I can see, but it is of course possible that important or otherwise noteworthy information may be revealed here! Mewn 06:19, 11 August 2006 (PDT)
    Edit: beatrixkiddo informs us that the new payment system for Sega online games - SIGN - does NOT accept foreign CCs. Segalink stated this to kiddo's source, when asked about the possibility of the system accepting foreign CCs. Apparently SIGN uses the same overall template as SegaLink. This means you will have to rely on NetCash or a JP credit card. Mewn 15:00, August 11, 2006 (PDT)

Does this close the chapter on the foreign credit card hopes?

EDIT: Clarified the title

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ryna on 2006-08-15 18:41 ]</font>

No offense to beatrixkiddo, but I'd reserve judgement until an official announcement is posted or the site goes live.

dunno if you guys read what i posted in another thread. but a friend of mine asked a sega employee about foreign cards and got the exact same explanation.

since sign is just using a new template and works thru segalink, it will not accept foreign cards.
    Quit PSO2

With the advent of Credit system debit media, delayed posting and transactioning means, with foreign cards, there is the possibility that inbetween point A and point B, they won't get paid.
    I was prepared for this news and I don't blame them for doing this. International CC Fraud is a very serious, very costly matter, and, as I figure it, they don't think the ability to accept foreign credit cards is worth the potential for lost revenue due to uncolected fees.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: uhawww on 2006-08-15 16:37 ]</font>

Sega must really hate making money

Tired Cynic

On 2006-08-15 16:24, Ryna wrote:
    No offense to beatrixkiddo, but I'd reserve judgement until an official announcement is posted or the site goes live.
    Maybe, but kiddo got the information from a Japanese source (the same person as Inazuma's friend, I assume) and I trust it.

Still, I'd love to be proved wrong, I'm just not getting my hopes up.

Still wondering about "Verified by Visa" though. I could have sworn someone around here said that's allowable.

I'm not going to count my chickens before they hatch just yet...I still want to see what Sega plans to do, upon the NA release of PSU...
    I'm still around.

The Local Bartender

On 2006-08-15 16:42, Ether wrote:
    Sega must really hate making money

Nah, I just think they like making us suffer.

lolDiads
    If Diad was a planet in PSU, I'd live there

I like how we're condemning Sega over something we're technically not supposed to be doing anyway.