Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Just Another Pawn In Their Game

I'm both the owner of an XBox 360, and a PS2. Which begs the question, for which system should I buy PSU?

To answer this question, however, I first need the answer to a few other questions. Those questions being:

1) Will their be additional fees for XBox live? (and I'm not talking about microtransactions, I'm talking about fees that will be REQUIRED to play the game, such as additional monthly fees, on top of XBox Live fees)

2) Will or won't the XBox 360's servers interconnect with the PS2 and PC servers? (seeing as all my friends that are buying the game are getting the PC version)

and

3) How much would the monthly cost be to play PSU for the PS2 (I need a rough estimate at the very least)

To all those that reply, thanks for your time.

1. Yes there will be an additional fee to play PSU.
    2. Not officially known at this time (although it looks kinda doubtful.)
    3. Not officially known but has been stated to be around $13/month (that came from an EGM article, so take with a huge grain of salt lol.)

PSU MAY run on live silver account and its unsure whether 360 will connect with ps2 and PC (Most people will tell you it isnt even though its unconfirmed), and the fee for PSOBB on the pc is around ten dollars so i expect it to be about the same.

Is it just me, or does someone make a topic stating these exact two questions every 2 days?

well ya because newcomers appear now and then.

I heard the fee will be like 12 the first month and 10 every month after that. but that might be Japan's fee.

since your friends are going to play it on PC, you should probably get a PS2 since they said that's linked with PC. or maybe Sonic Team might linke Xbox360 with the other systems. but ya probably have to wait until September or October for official news.

PSU on 360 = better graphics (hello 720p widescreen HDTV resolution) and voice chat . Most likely will have quicker load times as well due to hard drive caching.. Don't know how PSU's updating system will work.. but I'd imagine XBox360, along with the PC, would be able to take advantage of it the best
    PSU on PS2 = bigger community (because of PS2 and PC communities being one in the same..)

That's about it.

I'm pretty sure that PSU will run on XBox's Silver free service since you have to pay ST a seperate fee. (So the price of an HL on all platforms will most likely be universal..)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: watashiwa on 2006-08-18 17:32 ]</font>
    Creator of Tethealla, Administrator of Ephinea.

I think I'm gonna get the 360 version and a flat-tube HDTV, and hold off on buying a new PC until Vista and DX10 video cards are available.

On 2006-08-18 16:40, Saner wrote:
    well ya because newcomers appear now and then.
    Saner is too forgiving.

Let's start mercilessly beating them with a stick.

Celestial Knight of Azure Flames zandra117's Avatar
    My soul is in Gurhal while my heart is on Ragol

Well according to the poll on this website, most pso-world users are going to be on the pc and ps2. However according to this poll http://boards.ign.com/phantasy_star_...1796220/p1/?14 most people of the general public (aka. IGN) will be on the 360 version.
    So we might end up having around the same population for both servers.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: zandra117 on 2006-08-18 19:06 ]</font>
    "Thol-Falz, tes par rel diemed. Tes syr, weh yi ryukad te reli, rel ken rel obid." Dark Force, your shrine is finished. Your sword, who you returned to reality, is able to be wielded.

I'd hardly call that an accurate repersentation of the gaming public. Only 38 people had voted when I looked at it (28 of those being 360 votes.) Remember that the 360 is the newest console available so I'm sure many of the member visiting the IGN forums have 360s as well hence the larger number of votes. I'll be HUGELY surprised if the XBox version sells more than the PS2 version. Also, I think I can safely say that the largest majority of players will be Japanese and will support the PS2 and PC versions more so than the 360 version. BTW, yes I know the JP servers will not be linked with the US servers. I'm just saying that woldwide, the 360 version won't sell nearly as many copies.