Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I'm getting some wierd pixellation on the graphics during the opening movies in PSO. Is it happening to you folks at all or is it just my system and/or game?

-concerned MP

Dark Falz Cultist

I noticed it too. Things looked a little..... harsher, especially in the scenes where it panned Ragol.

Then I realized that it's because whereas the entire opening was done in FMV in the DC versions, it appears to actually be rendered in real-time on the GC version.

No, I mean it really breaks up into big solid color squares. I noticed the "rough" aspect a bit too (especially in the Dragon Appears movie before you fight him) but this is a weird technical failure thing. It doesn't always happen during the same bits either. And so far I've ONLY seen it during the intro movies.

So is it just me?

-cuz sweet crap I hope not MP

On 2002-11-01 06:48, MagicPink wrote:
    No, I mean it really breaks up into big solid color squares. I noticed the "rough" aspect a bit too (especially in the Dragon Appears movie before you fight him) but this is a weird technical failure thing. It doesn't always happen during the same bits either. And so far I've ONLY seen it during the intro movies.

So is it just me?

-cuz sweet crap I hope not MP
    The video shouldn't be breaking up into coloured blocks at least it doesnt on mine.

The difference with the boss intros and exits are because sonic team added motion blur to them on gc.

To me, all of the Movies actually look better... And I think they are done in real time now as well... But no, you shouldnt have problems like that in the intro movie, if it bothers you, get a new copy, if that copy does the same thing, its your TV.

In fact, try it on a new TV first.

Wow...could it really be the TV that's causing it?? I do have a pretty huge tv and now that I think about it that's more what it looks like; the TV freaking out. It's REALLY bad during the last flight through the buildings for the Episode 1 intro. You can't make out anything on it.

It's no big deal really as it never happens during the game itself but it is a little worrying all the same.

Thanks for the help everyone.

to me it kinda looks like motion blur or the new "bullet time" stuff goin around, looks kinda nice, especially on the photon blasts

Ok, it's NOT the motion blur. I know what you mean about that. This isn't that.

Small sections of the screen pixelate into big solid colored blocks, all squooshed together. It kind of resembles Tetris. It's NOT purposeful as it never happens in the same place twice.

-am I the only lucky one to see it MP

Mod+Bat = Family Fun

On 2002-11-01 10:48, MagicPink wrote:
    Ok, it's NOT the motion blur. I know what you mean about that. This isn't that.

Small sections of the screen pixelate into big solid colored blocks, all squooshed together. It kind of resembles Tetris. It's NOT purposeful as it never happens in the same place twice.

-am I the only lucky one to see it MP
    Usually happens when an MPEG is badly encoded... Exchange the game.

Yes, it sounds like your game has bad movie files--must've been a replication error unless you happen to just have really good eyes, as all compressed movies have some amount of "blockiness" or compression artifacts as they're called. You can even see them on some DVDs if they were encoded poorly or if you have a cheap player.