Page 13 of 35 FirstFirst ... 31011121314151623 ... LastLast
    Technical Wizardry

It's all about supply and demand. Right now, supply is very low and demand is high... hence the price goes up. After doing a little shopping around, you'll probably find that numbthumb isn't charging much more than you would pay if you imported one yourself right now. And that's IF you could find one. I, for one, am glad that someone else is willing to do the leg work to get these things here. Read a few posts up and you'll find the results of my attempt to import one myself. Lan-Kwei had been reliable for many people in the recent past, when all of a sudden... they don't want to talk to anyone about GC keyboards.

If anyone is to blame for the high prices and lack of availability, it's Sega and SonicTeam for not ensuring that their game was fully supported upon release.

Just my two cents...

I've been thinking about this keyboard issue...

Would it be possible to use one of those PS2 -> GC controller adapter with a PS2 keyboard? Sorry if this has been posted before, but I was just wondering if anyone has tried it.

PS2 -> GC adapter $12.99
    PS2 keyboard $19.99
    -------------------------
    SubTotal = $32.98

hmm...

The Great Majin

No.

The PS2 adapter allows you to use a PS2 controller on the GCN.
    The PS2 keyboard does not fit into the controller port. It instead uses USB.

If someone would just make a USB or PS/2 (pc keyboard) to GCN adapter we could all use nice keyboard for $15-20, but no one seems to make this SIMPLE, CHEAP item.

Don't be mad at Sega.
    Sega is NOT a hardware company anymore. They ONLY do software now.
    There is no reason to expect them to make a keyboard.

On 2002-12-09 15:37, MajinSSJVegetto wrote:
    No.

The PS2 adapter allows you to use a PS2 controller on the GCN.
    The PS2 keyboard does not fit into the controller port. It instead uses USB.

If someone would just make a USB or PS/2 (pc keyboard) to GCN adapter we could all use nice keyboard for $15-20, but no one seems to make this SIMPLE, CHEAP item.
    *sigh* I thought I was on to something there. Oh well. Shows my lack of knowledge of the PS2.

Nobody would ever make a simple adapter like that, because as it is, hardware companies have us all by the balls. That's exactly how they want it to be.

Master Hunter

I also wonder what happened to GC BroadBand Adapter i cant really find it in many stores just the modem...i really hope the keyboard comes out in US we need it = PSO without a Keyboard is like having a toilet and no tiolet paper its a Tease!

That is one creepy f!#@ing robot

ok, ive been playing pso since i was 10 or 11 and i have to say it was a much much more high calibur game with the keyboard. I dont give a flying f**k how small the keys are as long as i can type. also i would like to adress the issue of people not having the keyboard, its crap ok. it just so happens that quite a bit of people whose guild cards i have own a keyboard. and besides, who doesnt want to dance in the lobby? And to adress the broadband adapter issue, you should probably order it offline. try http://www.ebgames.com or http://www.gamestop.com

The insatiable,
    Doug

IT CAN ALL BE SOLVED SIMPLY BY A USB ADAPTER FOR THE GAMECUBE.... WHY CAN"T NINTENDO OR SOMEONE PICK UP ON THIS!?

ok, i just finished playing pso and not having is driving me crazy!!!!! I can't be myself (a smartass) without the keyboard. If someone insults me, by the time i try to make a comeback, it takes me so long, i look like an idiot! Someone please find a keyboard solution! Also my best buds have keyboards, and we cant hold decent conversations without a keyboard! HOW CAN WE TALK ABOUT THE BEATLES WITHOUT A KEYBOARD DAMMIT!!! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

The insatiable,
    Doug

*not having a keyboard*

keyboard !!! keyboard....please someone make a keyboard ;_;