Voters
67. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

32 47.76%
  • No

35 52.24%
Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast

Anyone?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Folofle on 2006-08-28 06:30 ]</font>

With the amount of problems i've heard from it, i'm glad i'm not ^_^

Nah I'll pass on that version. Small community and possible instances of framedrop due to unoptimized coding weigh far heavier than the lack of HDD, low-res and low framerate on PS2.

ya if 360 version ends up like the PSO Xbox version or worse, that may turn out to be an unsatisfactory option for me if it's not optimized and linked.

plus it looks like it's going to be isolated and I prefer linked systems for a bigger community and larger communities tend to last longer than small isolated ones.

ya PS2 is most comfortable for me. I don't need/want voice chat and I've had pleasant comfort with many online games with this system, including FF11.

I would like the Xbox360 version to be as great as possible since I also have a Xbox360,

but from the looks of things it's kind of being held back in gameplay/performance potential, considering the 360 version of FF11 is linked to all systems, the 360 version of PSU doesn't look like a promising choice compared to PS2.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Saner on 2006-08-28 08:53 ]</font>

Hmm, guess I need to step in and give the 360 version a good post. Voice chat, come on... Come on... Invaluable for organizing S-rank runs. You can weed out the 12 year olds. More personable than text. PS2 will be a dead language when PS3 arrives, and my PS2 is old and fragile. My PC can barely connect to the internet at the same time I have winamp open, lol PII needs an upgrade, so 360 is my kind of system. Large or small community, doesn't matter with PSU, people will buy the game for all systems regardless. Only in mmos does overcrowding become a burden. I tell myself everyday on FFXI, if only they made platform specific servers and limited the amount of people on here, I wouldn't have to compete with 35 RMT bots to get a tree cutting so I can make 10k so I can get a teleport and some food to meet my friends. I hate overcrowding by exploiters ><

On 2006-08-28 10:21, Valkayree wrote:
    I tell myself everyday on FFXI, if only they made platform specific servers and limited the amount of people on here, I wouldn't have to compete with 35 RMT bots to get a tree cutting so I can make 10k so I can get a teleport and some food to meet my friends. I hate overcrowding by exploiters ><
    FF11 gives its best on these things:P
    anyway 360^ same reasons as the poster above

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Frezzo on 2006-08-28 10:44 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Frezzo on 2006-08-28 10:45 ]</font>

God listen to the bias in this thread!

There was nothing wrong with the Xbox version of PSO, I have and played both GC and XB PSO and they were virtually identical. The only difference was an effect on the telepipe and voice chat. And at the end of the day neither was better than the other unless you preffered voice chat or text chat.

The problems with the 360 version will most likely be fixed well before release the 360 hardware will make it easy to get running at a perfect frame rate.

The last preview I read for PSU on PS2 after E3 said the framerate sucked and from the demo it looked pretty solid to me so if they can fix the PS2 they can fix 360.

If you want to play it on PS2 that's fine but let's not bash the 360 version just because your trying to convince yourself that it isn't a vastly superior version in the graphics department (being the same as the PC). Having played the PS2 version and seen plenty of high res PC/360 screens I can safely say that the PS2 version is butt ugly. Washed out colours, horrible ant-alias. Designed for it or not it looks pretty damn ugly. And since I have a hi-def TV I know the 360 version will be delicious (even though it wont look as good as any other 360 game).

And the 360 has a VERY solid online community, one that easily compares to the PS2, so the fact that PSU will be the online online RPG i can gaurantee that it will have a decent community. I mean the PS2 has an online setup only slightly better that the GC!!! OK That's an exageration but playing online on the PS2 is painfull (no cross game friends list's, no way to communicte with friends playing other games online or offline). I've played a lot of online games on PS2 and found everyone to be a vastly inferior experience to even Xbox 1. So the LIVE community on 360 gets a HUGE tick in the 360 box for me.

The 360 community will easily fill the lobbies you are in so if there are a few less lobby's than PS2/PC who cares? It's not like it will effect the game! Like i said i played XB and GC PSO and GC had a much larger community but playing XB PSO never felt any different as far as community went because there was always plenty of people to play with.

And I am truely suprised that Saner has a 360 because he/she bashes it and every chance.

And I am truely suprised that Saner has a 360 because he/she bashes it and every chance.
    Im not bashing it, I'm being honest. and it isn't like I returned it or traded it in; it might be useful in the future and currently I do play a few games on it but overall I have more fun with my PS2 games than Xbox360 games.

Voice chat is overrated because in these type of games communication is not that important during battles, things can be planned beforehand and people would know their jobs and how to survive through experience anyway.
    besides voice chat is not perfect either, sometimes you can't hear what they are saying and it's annoying having to repeat oneself.

and even for the Xbox360 version there will be people without headset who will use keyboard anyways so you might as well get used to it. like FF11 and WoW, keyboard is more universal and everyone can read what is sent.

360 for offline for improved graphics. PS2 for online due to larger community thanks to cross-compatibility with PC users. Also a second PS2 is only 100$ so my girlfriend and I can play together.
    Saigan PSZ FC: 1161-9928-1181