View Poll Results: When ou play in a team, will you be the kind of person that barrels through everything and when you

Voters
70. You may not vote on this poll
  • VERY dependent: All have a role for efficient play

7 10.00%
  • Gotta have teamwork! No need for perfection though

37 52.86%
  • Only if things get rough or scary

3 4.29%
  • Do our own thing. Teamwork without strategy

13 18.57%
  • Lone wolf gonna solo everything!

8 11.43%
  • Other (specify)

2 2.86%
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

When ou play in a team, will you be the kind of person that barrels through everything and when you die it's the Force's fault for not healing you, or the Ranger's fault for not shooting status bullets? ("Dammit yopu're a Force, you're SUPPOSED to heal!")

Will you be the kind that takes care of your own problems without bothering to support anyone else unless you feel like it (like when you notice they're in trouble)? ("We're good enough to get by, teamwork don't need to be a pain in the ass.")

Will you just play your own style without giving a DAMN what others think? Do you give a damn what they do? ("Support? Fuck that, I'm going all out!" "You're a melee Force? Okay, let's go kill stuff!")

If you could, would you dive in front of a partner to make sure they don't take damage? Even if it means FAILING to do so and your partner dies anyway and you just kinda look stupid? (slow-motion "NO---!")

Note that the poll options don't necessarily reflect what I've written in this here post. I just wanted to fluff it out some with some text. You know, say stuff to get replies as well as votes.

Forever HUmar.

I voted lone wolf option . but thats also because i never felt good jumping inside a party and saying "hey" like i was at home, call me shy.
    I usually prefer to create my own party and solo all the way untill someone joins...
    PD: that doesent means u wont see me joining your games , it depends on the mood i am in that moment.

If I'm playing with a group of close friends (such as those I hope to make right here on PSOW) then I feel we should each have our rolls. That way we could enjoy ourselves yet get though a mission efficiently. If I'm playing with a random party I'll do my best to protect other players when needed, like forces for example. That's what I at least try to do in Halo 2. But then again these days most people who play Halo 2 are jack asses.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jinto117 on 2006-08-29 17:11 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jinto117 on 2006-08-29 17:12 ]</font>

I'm going with very independant, because I don't want to be stuck with someone else, or need someone else. It will be better alone, for you won't have to wait for a team to start killing stuff...

I don't mind as long as its a good spirited game and everyone hs having a good time. I'll save all the seriousness for the US version. But on JP we are all experimenting and learning so much about this new game; a good % of us don't even know the language. Mistakes will more than likely be made and it shouldnt matter too much.

Paragon of Fortefighter Excellence!
    Leader of the Guardians Mobile Defense Force Guild-PC/PS2
    PS2/PC PSU:Krupp 170 FF/PT/FIG Zanki 137 FG/GM-Since Day 1!
    PSP2 Krupp 126 Hunter 30 PS3 Ad-hoc party and Internet Multimode (Mail me if you wanna play!)
    Waiting anxiously for PSO2..

I will be playing on my own except every now and then so I can go school some of my friends on how to play Phantasy Star

I tend toward a pack-animal mentality when it comes to this MMO thing, so I plan on being fairly team-dependent. By the time of the US release I should have a healthy-sized and dependable crew.

It's funny though, I tend to rely on myself when it comes to business IRL...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Niki on 2006-08-29 18:20 ]</font>

I'll probably be a little of everything. Supportive with friends, go all out when I'm online solo, and rush for items when I'm with strangers with no regard for their safety. Hey, I'm being honest.

Hmm in old pso usually just fought what i wanted unless some1 was weaaker or in trouble besides pretty muh havin fun less its somethin we know we need to work together on but i do prefer just doin what u do best lest your just crazy

I like playing in teams, just as long as everyone plays their part and doesn't take it too seriously. That's one of the reasons I prefer going solo in online games now, I just like to do my own thing. Teamwork in online games now seems a bit, well, harsh really. It's all very serious instead of having fun. I loved the community feel the original PSO had on DC with it's very simple, but very effective teamwork and I can't wait for PSU. I need to meet some people to adventure with though, that's one of the reasons I signed up here