Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Friendly Fire?

What happens if you hit a partner? Will you do damage? Make them flinch? Will the partner's body interfere with melee or ranged attacks (making rangers need to move or aim better)? How about techniques?

On 2006-08-30 22:43, Jife_Jifremok wrote:
    What happens if you hit a partner? Will you do damage? Make them flinch? Will the partner's body interfere with melee or ranged attacks (making rangers need to move or aim better)? How about techniques?
    You'll most likely just swing straight through the person. It may be unrealistic but it's alot less of a hassle for it to work that way.

I'm geussing you never played a Phantasy Star Online game before but this isn't even an issue as there is no friendly fire and your weapons have no effects on your team mates.

Only kind of incident were you could hit the other character was in battle mode which PSU won't have.

I'm glad theres no friendly fire I never saw the point of having feature or even turning it on while playing any game.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Killuminati on 2006-08-30 22:59 ]</font>

If you could hit your teammates that would make a ranger's job much more difficult.

Or alot more fun...>_>
    Success is not the result of spontaneous combustion. You must set yourself on fire.

On 2006-08-30 23:02, Zeta wrote:
    Or alot more fun...>_>
    I hate team killers when playing PDZ that gets really annoying.

Yeah it does. That's why the last PDZ related player on my Recent Players List was last seen by me 204 days ago >_>
    Success is not the result of spontaneous combustion. You must set yourself on fire.

On 2006-08-30 23:02, Zeta wrote:
    Or alot more fun...>_>
    I'm agreeing with this one. No, not because it's fun to shoot your own team (though I aint denying it!), but becasue it takes more skill to not hit your partners or to not get in their way.

And I'm sure it can be oimplied from the answers to my questions, but can a Ranger's shots simply go through a player to easily hit the enemy behind them? (sucks to be the monster being doubleteamed by the hunter and the ranger!)

can a Ranger's shots simply go through a player to easily hit the enemy behind them?
    If it's like PSO, and I assume it is, then yes.

At least in story mode, nothing you can do can hurt your teamates in any way.