Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

I wonder if the "new" Ryna will still exist after the rollback?

It is kind of unfortunate though, I was able to secure another Sonic statue off a friend and I found a rare room decoration on my second tutorial run-through.

Hmmmm God bless backup Tapes and RAID.

Snow Queen King & a Veritable Buffet of Manliness

Im glad ST is taking glitches in the game etc seriously instead of sitting on there hands.

Ryna: You can run the tutorial twice and find new rare room decor? o_O

On 2006-09-02 08:53, Velocity_7 wrote:
    Ryna: You can run the tutorial twice and find new rare room decor? o_O
    After recreating my character (yet again), I did the tutorial and found a rare room decoration. It was a Linear Line hologram.

The fact that they discovered a major bug requiring rollback on the first day of the game's release doesn't bode well with me, however.
    Bodes just peachy with me. Were this PSO, the bug would never have been fixed, and ST would have ended up having to release a patched version which plays on different servers. That would have taken months, meanwhile new bugs and dupe methods start being developed - this time without a fix due to the cost of issuing yet ANOTHER release.

So you loose a day or two's worth of effort? Not to sound callous, but I've lost years worth of work to codes and stupid corruption bugs. If they are vigilant and stay on top of the cheating issue - then I'll gladly lose a day or two here or there in the effort to patch bugs and create a more stable-secure community.

Feed men, and then ask of them virtue!

Dragon God

Wow.... ST doing something for once. If I was online right now, it wouldn't be a problem for me, games are complicated things and network programming isn't something that can't be done flawlessly at times. These things happen, and it's good that ST is doing some quick about it.

Glitches and flaws will happen, we are after all human.

After all the online games I've played, all I have to say is good job. It's been a rough opening weekend, but ST has been spot on, finding problems, fixing them, and even offering compensation in this case.

A set back perhaps, but I'd roll back a day of gaming perhaps 12 hours after the inception of the problem over a lasting unignored glitch in the game, showing the carelessness of a company any day.

One day and there's duping. ONE DAY! Of course they're doing the right thing by nipping it in the bud, but they will probably figure out another method after people get their characters developed enough to the point that they're not willing to lose them.

This is CLASSIC Sonic Team. That's just beyond a joke. One day.

I think SEGA will never make a PSO PSU PSX without a bug.
    Bugs are normal of course every game has bugs but i will like to see how can sega patch all bugs without a real patch system.. ps2 has only memory card.

I hope they can patch all bugs just from server.