Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Yeah, as the the original progammers for nintendo said, "its impossible to code perfect code."
    This is a good sign that Sega is taking the necessary steps to rectify this situation. However, the real question lies in how long can Sega continue this service and, can we expect the same treatment once the US/EU copies arrive.

"Brotherhood asked for no friendship, only loyalty. They stood back to back as the galaxy burned - always brothers, never friends; traitors together unto the last."

Well I think it's safe to say that most of the problems should be ironed out by the time of the North American and European releases. We shouldn't have to go through these errors. I guess that's one good thing to getting the game a few months later, evem if it means waiting in agony.

Wolf ET Master

kinda saddens me to say this, but I was right from the begining thinking SEGA will f*ck something up
    Duping on first day of launch? (or second, wtfever) give me a break SEGA

Not even going to bother getting PSU untill i actually try it out offline because it looks like they alerady are f*cked up the online part

poepl need to get real (chappel style), if a game AFTER BETA TEST has this kinda bugs, why would it get any better later on? you CANT PATCH retarted PS2 w/ its lame 8 mb card

wish they went ahead and just made it for x360+pc rather than include PS2 .. or wait untill PS3 comes out and make HD a MUST for this game ... but nooooo...

i really hope it will get better but SEGA made mistakes in the past, made them w/ launch of this game and no doubt will continue to screw up

On 2006-09-02 10:56, AC9breaker wrote:
    Yeah, as the the original progammers for nintendo said, "its impossible to code perfect code."
    This is a good sign that Sega is taking the necessary steps to rectify this situation. However, the real question lies in how long can Sega continue this service and, can we expect the same treatment once the US/EU copies arrive.
    Sega did rollbacks at the start of USA-EU PsoBB as well as later.

This sounds much like the fiasco of japanese gamecube with 1.0 having a dupe bug.

At that time they did not have server side saving and released version 1.1 giving you the option to play on a dupe ridden 1.0 or start from fresh on a supposedly clean 1.1 server. (which also got hacked)

Japan has its fair share of users who cheat and/or look explicitly for glitches.

I know this from experience playing on Jp DC GC PsoBB.

Its a shame its happened so fast....again

On 2006-09-02 11:05, peenk wrote:
    kinda saddens me to say this, but I was right from the begining thinking SEGA will f*ck something up
    Duping on first day of launch? (or second, wtfever) give me a break SEGA

Not even going to bother getting PSU untill i actually try it out offline because it looks like they alerady are f*cked up the online part

poepl need to get real (chappel style), if a game AFTER BETA TEST has this kinda bugs, why would it get any better later on? you CANT PATCH retarted PS2 w/ its lame 8 mb card

wish they went ahead and just made it for x360+pc rather than include PS2 .. or wait untill PS3 comes out and make HD a MUST for this game ... but nooooo...

i really hope it will get better but SEGA made mistakes in the past, made them w/ launch of this game and no doubt will continue to screw up
    I believe duping exploits are found rather soon after ANY online game with items comes out, actually. And yes, you can patch the PS2 version by putting files on the "lame 8MB memory card".

Online games are constantly being patched, and PSU will likely be no different. It'll be much easier now that most of the data is server-side.
    Our posturings, our imagined self-importance, the delusion that we have some privileged position in the Universe, are challenged by this point of pale light. Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves.

Wolf ET Master

8mb is not even enough for me to take 2 pictures w/ my uber leet 5 megapixel camera
    you expect sega to be able to fix ALL the bugs PSU will have by combining them into a ONE super patch thats less than 8mbs? dont forget you will have some kinda data saved on that card from PSU already

so yes .. lame 8MB memory card

look at ANY mmorpg, even if they DONT add new areas/items/etc all the bugs they have to fix still come out to tens to hundreds of MBs ...

or does sega expect YOU ( i am not getting PS2 fo sho ) to buy 15x8MB cards? somehow i dont think they will allow you to use USB 512 MB or the like to patch the game

Online games ARE constantly being patched ... but how can you patch PS2? Oh thats right .. announce an expansion of PSU on the same day PSU launches.. GJ SEGA.

I wanted PSU to be the PSOv1 game without all the bugs. I wanted to be able to play with Japanese and European players and I wanted ALL the servers to be connected. Thats why I was against the PS2 in the first place especially after they announced no HD support. SEGA screwed up and there is no reason to defend it. Time will tell.

You need to bare in mind however that not all patches need to be downloaded. More and more, developers are able to patch the servers themselves to resolve issues.

When will this Rollback happen? I noticed my character was still level 6 when I logged on this morning, and everything was a-okay. However ... I want to know if I am wasting my time by trying to play, if they'll just time-warp back to either level 1 or nothing at all. Thanks in advance.

Skilled Fighter
    man i dont live in manitoba what the hell

Anybody freaking out about the "OH MY GOD IT'S ONLY BEEN ONE DAY AND THERE IS DUPING FUCCCCCKKKKK YOU SONIC TEAM" thing is probably jumping to conclusions. The problem is almost certainly related to the servers being so jam-packed, rather than being a vicious bug/exploit in the client's code waiting to be cracked open.

Sometime last night, I went into My Room. That by itself wasn't easy, because the servers were so overloaded that you'd be disconnected four times out of five every time you did.

I took three items out of my Partner Machinery, and was disconnected before I could do anything with them. When I logged back on, the items weren't in my inventory, and they weren't in my Partner Machinery. My character's inventory data wasn't saved while my PM's was. In this case, I lost items. If I'd done that in reverse, I'd probably have ended up inadvertantly duping those items.

I could be wrong, but I haven't seen any evidence that there's anything worse going on than some really critical server congestion problems. These sorts of things do happen when servers get so overloaded that they aren't perfectly in sync. It's way too early to predict that they've shipped the next PSO in terms of cheating. There's a huge difference between exploits that result from an insecure game and bugs that crop up because there's an issue with the servers only when the hardware is under extreme load.

Rappy Hunter

So has the rollback already happened or is the time still undecided? Don't want to continue exping and have it go to waste.