Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Death in PSU?

So do you still drop weapons and your meseta when you die in PSU? I haven't seen that answered anywhere and would like to know.

I hated that on Dreamcast, even more when you ran out of Scape dolls, and had to go back to Pioneer 1 or lay there and watch someone swipe your stuff then lay a Pipe and run out of the room, too many thieves.

PSU doesnt do that, and PSO hasn't done that in a long time either. In PSO Episodes 1&2 for gamecube and xbox, you'd lose all of the money you had on you at the time if you don't get resurrected, and your mag would lose some of it's synchro, but your weapon was safe. In PSO Blue Burst on PC, you'd lose some experience. From what I understand, in PSU you get a rank at the end of each mission, and this rank determines the reward you get, which includes meseta and job experience. Naturally, dying lowers the rank for your whole team, so when I finally get to play PSU I'm gonna be really careful about not dying, especially since I'll probably be playing as a frail Force.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Phaze37 on 2006-09-03 13:52 ]</font>

Skilled Fighter
    man i dont live in manitoba what the hell

You don't drop any items, lose any meseta, or lose any experience, as far as I can tell.

What you do lose is ranking. When you're in a Trial (some sections in Story Mode offline are Trials, bosses are Trials, and Free Missions are Trials, and almost everything online is a Trial), every death on your team incurs a -300 point penalty toward your overall rating at the end. A perfect rating is 1000 which is an S-Rank, and from there you're ranked A through D depending on your overall score.

Depending on what your rank is, you get a certain amount of meseta and/or items, and (most importantly) Job Experience. If you die a lot, your job level is going to lag behind really badly.

Raziel, Keeper of Secrets DarkShadowX's Avatar

As thats interesting, though I had a feeling thats how it would work out.
    PSO Veteran from DC Day 1. Better known as Outtrigger (DC) and Karsh (GC).
    PSU Veteran from Day 1. R.I.P. PSU, I thank you for all the memories!

Wow.... that is cool. So no more gimme gimme gimme players (ppl who will run torward a special item with out fear of death) in a group hopefully

In PSU I think the default setting is to have rare items appear in a random players inventory, rather than drop on the floor. I think the team leader can change it back to having the rare drop on the floor, but I'm not going to play in any team that does that. I missed out on way too many awesome rares in PSO just because I was at a distance because I was using a ranger.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Phaze37 on 2006-09-03 14:10 ]</font>

Raziel, Keeper of Secrets DarkShadowX's Avatar

On 2006-09-03 14:09, Phaze37 wrote:
    In PSU I think the default setting is to have rare items appear in a random players inventory, rather than drop on the floor. I think the team leader can change it back to having the rare drop on the floor, but I'm not going to play in any team that does that. I missed out on way too many awesome rares in PSO just because I was at a distance because I was using a ranger.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Phaze37 on 2006-09-03 14:10 ]</font>
    How true, I'm glad they added that. That way noone will start bitching and moaning about how you stole their rare or something(though they'll probably still bitch anyways)
    PSO Veteran from DC Day 1. Better known as Outtrigger (DC) and Karsh (GC).
    PSU Veteran from Day 1. R.I.P. PSU, I thank you for all the memories!

Uber-damage whore
    Belgium (100 meseta for each person who can point it on the map)

I found the ground thing a good idea. First come first serves.
    Now, even if a rare drops you'll sometimes have even only 1/6 chance of getting it. I don't like that. Best way is to let the team leader distribute them, or let m drop on floor imo.

if you're hunting something, obviously do it alone or with people you know.

The loot setting doesn't change whether or not items drop on the ground or not, but simply determines how it is distributed. So if it's on the random setting, for example, then, no matter who picks it up, the item is randomly given to one of the party members.

I could be wrong, though.

Reminds me of Monster Hunter, yet alot of people don't like MH in the US.