Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Supply Officer

The more damage you do in comparison to their HP (I think), the greater the knock-back. Normal attack "stuns" the enemies momentarily and heavy attacks knock them back. Generally speaking, I've found that the two-hit combo is only truly effective if the second attack is heavy. In my experience, the stun from a normal is not usually enough to get outa the way.

With practice, you will learn to see when they start their swing and you can step away. Just as they complete their swing, step in and attack again.

the key to dodging enemy swing is to stand in one spot until enemy close in on u and just step away right before u see the swing animation, and then after u dodge, turn quickly and do weak-hard-hard combo.

once u get comfortable with some practice, u can use multiple hitting weapons like sword & partisan with the same principle but u need to run around and position urself in a spot to hit more enemies with full combo. U can coordinate ur position and enemies surrounding u with the map(go to option menu to change it to 'non-fixed' which is more useful for melee battle than 'fixed' map).

Mercenary for Hire

I tried Uriko's trick with the 2 hits combo.Its pretty useful i never lose lives(well only sometime =D)And i'm clearing a whole room pretty faster!

Thanks again!

Well, it's only a good trick for the earlier areas. In the later areas, 2 hits and then a dodge is ineffective towards like Poison Lilies/Nar Lilies, Canadines/Canune ring, and Garanzs. So you should get use to 3 hits later on.

By then he/she should be strong enough and probably have some battle units by then as well. Handguns are your friend try and some with good specials.

Mercenary for Hire

I have a Varista i know its pretty good should i use some Grinder on it?

Off-topic:Btw i'm a boy

get a gigush or better, they take out larg quantitys, and max grind the varista, it can be used all through out the game.

Mercenary for Hire

Now i will,sadly,need the help of some members again sorry!

Now i'm at level 27 on Hard i can easily beat the Forest with the trick gave by Uriko.

Now i'm in Cave.Each time i'm doing Uriko's trick in one words 2 combo then walk back...an Evil Shark is always hitting me so its not giving me the time to pull back...What should i do?

Start your combo early if you need to- instead of starting it when the enemy is right in front of you, do the first hit just as they come into range.

Also, to a previous poster- I think its pretty self explanitory that you wouldn't 2-hit something like a Lily or a Garanz..

HUnewearl power since 2003. NGS Official Creator (SectionSkyly)

if ur a cast use freeze traps
    thats wat i do sometimes especially in the ruins
    then when there frozen break out a sword with a paralisis special and paralize the frozen enemys they stay incapacitated twice as long(my favorite tactic.. i use red sword)