Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Ranger.

Spread/Needle weapons can take care of large Gee spawns, and use a Demon's weapon to take out Gi Gue in a few shots.

Alternatively, a Hell weapon (as mentioned) works wonders against most of Seaside, then switch to Demon's against Gi Gue.

As a note though- hunting SJS through Seaside runs really, really isn't worth it. 1 Gi Gue a run, at a 1/12.6k droprate is evil.

Its a lot easier if you can access the Tower quests (or even Phantasmal World #1).

I did 500 runs of Seaside when I was offline-only, and it was the biggest waste of time Ive done in all the time I have played PSO.

I will say that HUnewearl is very, very adept for this though, as is RAmarl- you can counter Gi gue's J/Z with your S/D, can Resta, and can Zalure Gi Gue.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: UrikoBB3 on 2006-09-07 05:58 ]</font>

HUnewearl power since 2003. NGS Official Creator (SectionSkyly)

courage is solid
    mountain area!!!! destroying gibbles's way of life

hmmm uriko, i have a skylt hunewearl at 111 yet i guesse offline sucks
    ratchel-fonewearl-138, chaostorm-hunewearl-152, kairi-ramarl-135, cloud-humar-62 amateratsu hucast 42 darksonic -racast 64

I'm just saying, I don't think it's even worth hunting SJS offline, because its such a difficult drop.

Online, it's a lot easier (though still a pain), as you can get 5 Gi Gue in 5 minutes by doing Phantasmal World #4 2-floor runs.

Uh, guys...Have you ever thought that perhaps he's not hunting, but instead unsealing the J-Sword? It COULD be a possiblity.

If so, don't do Ult runs. Use a weak char, and do continuous runs in Addicting Food in Normal. You'll unseal it in no time.

If you're hunting it online, then use a Force. You're best using a supporter, since they're the backbone of any PW4 run (IMO, anyways )

Hope I helped.
    Kyousei - 21 Fnewm

Pfft, why would he need to do Seaside runs, or a Skyly char for unsealing it?
    Or even, why would he make a new char to do that when he has a level 156 HUmar ready to use?

You do not want to play Seaside Area just for getting the Sealed J-Sword. There is only one per run, and according to a guide I saw, it would take 12000 runs on average to get one. Not the best thing there, especially if it is "on average".

What I would say is if you have Plus version, you do the offline tower quests. There are much more Gi Gues in the Control Tower. Or if you are online, you can do the Phantasmal World quest that heads to the Control Tower.

I cant get pso plus in europe
    Btw if the drop rate is 1/12603 or so, it means i should get it when i did that many runs, it also means i can get it on the first or 2nd. it really isnt gonna take 12603 kills lol

Might take a lot more than that

It might take 100 runs, it might take 15000, its all about luck

On 2006-09-07 14:43, SereneShadows wrote:
    If you're hunting it online, then use a Force. You're best using a supporter, since they're the backbone of any PW4 run (IMO, anyways )
    Meh, I've done loads of PW#4 runs without a FO. They aren't necessary, unlike what a load of people seem to think. a HUnewearl/RAmarl can easily support well enough to see a party through a PW#4. I'm not saying FOs are redundant (far from it), but I would think the Rangers are the backbone of a PW#4, not the FO.

(Just try doing a full PW#4 in Ult without any Rangers...)