Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

This is some comments i got out of Oct EGM....

+ Ps2 PSU players will be on the same servers as PC Questers, but Xbox 360 users can only play with their own kind.....

+ We spied some slowdown while playing online with 6 players on PS2, but the xbox 360 version ran smoothly.

+ All of these screens in this preview hail from the PC version of PSU, which is a dead ringer for the XB360 game.

Thats just some bits of the preview. It looks like the PC version will be my choice.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: xenokai on 2006-09-12 14:33 ]</font>

On 2006-09-12 14:30, xenokai wrote:
    + All of these screens in this preview hail from the PC version of PSU, which is a dead ringer for the XB360 game.
    Dead ringer of the PC version at what settings?
    Our posturings, our imagined self-importance, the delusion that we have some privileged position in the Universe, are challenged by this point of pale light. Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves.

the 360 version is the pc version turned all the way up. with the highest resolution for hd tvs and the 360. The games graphic for psu arent really up to scale with other 360 games like elder scrolls so it can run it easily i guess. Sad to see the ps2 ver will have slowdown tho.

Looks like im gonna have to pick up the latest copy of EGM.

lol wow so now its the other way around, from what IGN said.

anyway a little slowdown doesn't hurt.

On 2006-09-12 15:00, Saner wrote:
    anyway a little slowdown doesn't hurt.
    Oh trust me, there is more than "a little" slowdown in the PS2 version

Its not really that big of a preview but if ya want i can show ya the preview...

well in my opinion slowdown isn't so much of a problem, it just depends on how much and how its dealt with take shadow of the collossus for example, tons of slowdown but fortunately a lot of it is masked with a very nice blurr effect. If the slow down however is still limited to everyone decking out the PA's then it should be a minimal problem. I will still pick up the PS2 version simply because its MUCH more convenient for me.

ya besides when it slowdowns we can pretend its a cool occasional slowmotion effect.

lolDiads
    If Diad was a planet in PSU, I'd live there

Slowdown in Phantasy Star Universe affects your actual gameplay ability. There's nothing "cool" about it. Ask the PC users on low-end PCs on how they fall behind in parties because their framerate stutters.