Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

No one here works for Sega, Sonic Team or Microsoft, so no here has an answer, if anyone gives you a reason it's purely a guess.

No one knows the actual reasoning being the split, could be a technical decision, or could be business decision, we don't know.

Pure Force.

Microsoft made the decision when they decided that typing on a keyboard to chat wasn't social. Voice chat became their paradigm and the 360 followed the trail after the original Xbox. Now the servers for PSU are separated between keyboard centric systems and non-keyboard centric systems.

I'm not a big fan of voice chat in games, but especially in a game such as PSO/PSU. The chat bubbles are a key part of the experience (at least they are for me).

You can use keyboards on the 360 (I think) so I'm not sure why they couldn't just make it so 360 users could opt to send voice chat to one another only or to just type to everyone else.

Meh, they shoulda had something like FFXI's Playonline so they can link the servers. I'm quite disappointed as well.
    Aeryn - 150 Newman ♀ | Kylie - 150 Human ♀ | Zael - 150 Beast ♂ | Sonja - 150 CAST ♀

Never forget.

I think it's a good idea. I mean 360 users won't have to deal with PS2 (and vice versa...no offence) and we won't have to deal with PC users messing with us or hackers. PC and PS2 are good together. We will actually be just as big as those 2 in my opinion.

The Magnanimous Guardian Magician's Avatar

I'm also in favor of seperation.

Keep the mic users on one end and the type-talkers on the other.

Main reason I'm against it is because I have a lot of friends and I hate having to choose which ones to play with.
    Aeryn - 150 Newman ♀ | Kylie - 150 Human ♀ | Zael - 150 Beast ♂ | Sonja - 150 CAST ♀

Never forget.

Angry Member

On 2006-09-19 22:31, Animosity wrote:
    dude either fork out the 125 bucs for a ps2 or stop complaining. i like the separation. if they allowed ps2,pc,and xbox 360 to all play together then we 360 wouldnt be able to use voice chat. ff11 is a perfect example.plus tons of psowers are gettin it on 360 including me.... make some new friends

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Animosity on 2006-09-19 22:32 ]</font>
    Dude, I have a PS2, and why would I choose the PS2 version over PC when I clearly stated my main choices were either the 360 or the PC version?

Making new friends is not the answer, a good friend of mine and myself used to play PSO all the way back in the DC days, and I'll be damned if we aren't going to be able to play PSU together.

hah, never-mind, found the word fuck from another member, I think I'm good with damn

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Soundfx4 on 2006-09-20 17:51 ]</font>

Of The Untamed

Umm, if you already own a PS2 and you want to play with your friends so badly then why don't you just use the effing PS2?

Plus for PC PSU you can always just use a party talk application and play with a console-style controller...

Angry Member

On 2006-09-19 22:40, Eclypse wrote:
    On 2006-09-19 22:13, Soundfx4 wrote:
    I'd like to know the company and/or companies name(s), and any person or persons that were responsible for the 360 server separation decision.

Whoever made this decision has got my attention, and I'm unbelievably #@$$ed off at them. This is going to screw up everything! Of course I'm not getting it for the PS2, but I did have to choose between the 360 version and the PC version and I was leaning for the 360 because of the voice chat! Also because the original PSO was on DC, and I thought it would be nice to go back to the console with PS. But they just had to #$@& it all up, didn't they? Some of my friends don't have a 360 and others do, and this is going to #$&@ up everything! Now I can't play PSU with them all!! I am seriously @#$$ed here...you wouldn't believe how mad I am about this...but anyway
    Ok don't take this personally, but. Who cares that you're mad? The companies could care less, the message board could care less, and there are countless other people that could care less.

The separation is happening because Sega doesn't want to relinguish control of it's server to MSFTs standards when it comes to how Xbox Live is handled, and I don't blame MSFT for not wanting to conform.

This should come as NO surprise to anyone that played PSO for the Gamecube or the Xbox, so why people are surprise now is beyond me.

This is in no way going to fuck up anything because you still have plenty of options for playing this game and if you can't decide because you have friends that play on 360 or PS2 or PC then you all need to find a common ground and hash it out. Since the accounts are reversible for the PS2 and PC you shouldn't have to worry to much there, but for the friends that you have who play on the 360, you will have to make the decision of who you want to play with more.

I personally couldn't be happier that they are divided seeing as alot of people I knew from the Xbox and GC days are all on the 360 now, and with the launch of the EU version combining with the US version, that will only increase the size of the US/EU version of PSU.

In the end I think you will make your mind up, but in the mean time their is NO need to be angry because in the end it's a waste of your time and our time for having to read it.

I've already made up my mind, I'm going with the PC version.

And how could you be happy that they are dividing them? If they kept them together, the only problem I can see are the servers being too crowded, but dividing them creates many more complications, such as mine, and at least one other persons dilema here.

The xbox live thing is nice, but it creates complications such as this one. In these cases xbox live can go fuck its self for all I care. Hell, it can do that anyway, as I've never liked xbox live and I've always hated Microsoft...which will make many of you wander why I bought a 360. Well I guess the closest thing to an answer I can give you is that I like to buy all the consoles when they come out, that and the graphics are fricken sweet, so I had to dip in that. The one thing I'm not dippin in is xbox live, like I said, good idea, but just creates to many complications.

Btw, the companies couldn't care less because they are heartless soulless rich bastards that only care about making ridiculously large amounts of money, and they all deserve a fate much worse then death for their greed and I would be more then happy to deliver such a punishment.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Soundfx4 on 2006-09-20 18:08 ]</font>

Angry Member

On 2006-09-20 17:46, -Break- wrote:
    Umm, if you already own a PS2 and you want to play with your friends so badly then why don't you just use the effing PS2?

Plus for PC PSU you can always just use a party talk application and play with a console-style controller...

Hold on a second, you missed a few things.

Why would I choose the PS2 version when I have the option to buy the PC version? PC has much better graphics. Also, some of my friends have a 360, and some have a PC and/or PS2, so how would just using the PS2 version help me there?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Soundfx4 on 2006-09-20 18:01 ]</font>