Ok take a look at this picture first
    http://psupedia.org/index.php?title=Image:Wand.JPG

Alright... the photon is blue based on it's element right? (meaning that I would have an Ice technic binded to it?). But notice the red "metal" around the photon, and the red at the bottom of the hilt. In a few other pictures and in some videos I have seen blue and green colored metal in the place of the red metal (Heres a video with a blue colored wand. Its towards the end. http://youtube.com/watch?v=IiApIlb4pO0).

So, my question is if the color of the metal had to do with what rank your weapon was, or if it was just cosmetics, or if its something else besides these two.

Thanks for any help.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Flamingo99 on 2006-09-21 17:35 ]</font>

The color of the non-photon parts roughly corresponds to the quality of the weapon. Red is the basic model, blue is a step up, then it's green, then yellow. I believe orange is the next step up, but I'm not entirely certain of that.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: A2K on 2006-09-21 17:38 ]</font>
    Our posturings, our imagined self-importance, the delusion that we have some privileged position in the Universe, are challenged by this point of pale light. Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves.

On 2006-09-21 17:34, Flamingo99 wrote:
    the color of the metal had to do with what rank your weapon was
    Bingo

I think it goes red, blue, green, yellow, not sure after that