Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Player Shops

Veteran Fighter

I'm wondering if the store system is really as convoluted as the way I'm currently using it.

When I want to find an item to buy, I do a search for the item. Then the game gives me a listing of rooms that have said item for sale. Then I have to go visit the room to find out the prices. Then if I don't like the prices offered I have to back out of their room, and start the process again.

Is this the only way to find items? This is extremely time consuming since the game forces a load time for searching the item and then again for entering and exiting another room.

Yes, it is good and bad. Bad, in that you have people selling things for more than the NPC shops to get people in (try finding Maruselin or Nanocarbon). The good part is, you can sometimes find stuff REALLY cheap. I found a shop that had loads of 5-star weapons for 7500 and 8000 meseta. I lifted as many as I could, and sold them in my shop for 12,500. Sold through those in mere minutes, went back, rinsed, and repeated. I've probably made 40k this weekend on that alone.

The other option is to search the shop description. I've found that this can take a lot longer than searching for item names. The good side is, people often put their prices in the description. The bad side is you don't know if they still have it left or not. The truth of the matter is, you can easily spend more time than it would take to go out, fight, and make the money you would've saved.

And I've got a question of my own. I see some shops are locked. Anyone know how to do this? I'm too chicken to use the Shop Close reform ticket, as I don't know if you can re-open w/o buying another 15k Shop Open ticket. FIgured I'd check first. The locking seems like a great way to pass items to other characters (for 1 meseta each) w/ needing a 3rd party.

how does selling things for more than npc shops get people in?

sig by gama
    Justina human female Te/Hu maybe braver soon
    Shayla newman female Br/Ra
    Alisha.EXE cast female Bo/Hu
    ship 02 team:none

On 2006-09-24 05:24, Alisha wrote:
    how does selling things for more than npc shops get people in?
    I'm going to take a long shot and guess he means that people go to those shop because they cant find/too lazy to go to the NPC to buy it. Common tatic of making money in MMOs.

On 2006-09-24 05:20, GaijinPUnch wrote:
    Yes, it is good and bad. Bad, in that you have people selling things for more than the NPC shops to get people in (try finding Maruselin or Nanocarbon). The good part is, you can sometimes find stuff REALLY cheap. I found a shop that had loads of 5-star weapons for 7500 and 8000 meseta. I lifted as many as I could, and sold them in my shop for 12,500. Sold through those in mere minutes, went back, rinsed, and repeated. I've probably made 40k this weekend on that alone.
    Making your contribution to the rise of inflation, I see.
    I understand that if you didn't do it someone else would. It just frustrates me that player run economies usually go down the toilet really fast.

Veteran Fighter

Quite a few times I've been tempted to buy things just because I didn't want to bother searching for the items again and then visiting another shop and wasting so much time on this. It just so would have killed ST to have implmented the search listing to also include the price of the items.

On 2006-09-24 05:38, Kaply wrote:
    Quite a few times I've been tempted to buy things just because I didn't want to bother searching for the items again and then visiting another shop and wasting so much time on this. It just so would have killed ST to have implmented the search listing to also include the price of the items.
    It's not out of the realm of possibilities that they could patch that functionality in, you know.
    On the other hand, they may have left it out on purpose.

On 2006-09-24 05:20, GaijinPUnch wrote:
    And I've got a question of my own. I see some shops are locked. Anyone know how to do this? I'm too chicken to use the Shop Close reform ticket, as I don't know if you can re-open w/o buying another 15k Shop Open ticket. FIgured I'd check first. The locking seems like a great way to pass items to other characters (for 1 meseta each) w/ needing a 3rd party.
    There's a panel by the exit doorway where you can set lock/unlock your room. If you have a shop, the panel to lock "moves" to the new exit in the store.

What do you mean when you speak of moving items to different characters? Can't you use the shared box for that?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: A2K on 2006-09-24 05:57 ]</font>
    Our posturings, our imagined self-importance, the delusion that we have some privileged position in the Universe, are challenged by this point of pale light. Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves.

Veteran Fighter

Sort of like mailing items to friends instead of having to meet up with each other in order to give the item to them

Ah, I see.

Anyway, to address the original topic, I think navigating the room system in general is a bit convoluted. Why is it I need to go back to my room every time I do something aside from store hop? There are no options to go to any other partners' rooms from someone else's terminal. Walking out the door in someone else's room sends me back to my own. I can't even leave the room system from someone else's; I have to head back to mine first. It wouldn't be so much of an issue if it didn't take a few seconds to load every time, but it does. It's just such a hassle.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: A2K on 2006-09-24 06:54 ]</font>
    Our posturings, our imagined self-importance, the delusion that we have some privileged position in the Universe, are challenged by this point of pale light. Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves.