Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Would anyone know the port numbers PSU requires to be opened? Reason I'm asking is because my ISP has mostly everything blocked, and requires the customer to contact them for games or programs they need opened to use. I'll be picking up the english version so I want a head start when I get it. They usually take a couple days to get them opened upon request.

Hmm, well, I can play the game fine without having to tinker with my router's settings, if that tells you anything at all.

Unfortunately I can't really see what's connecting to what since the servers are down at the moment. Authenticating the game, at least, seems to use port 80, so I imagine that's not going to be a problem in the least.

Edit: I said "at the moment" twice in a sentence.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: A2K on 2006-09-27 23:49 ]</font>
    Our posturings, our imagined self-importance, the delusion that we have some privileged position in the Universe, are challenged by this point of pale light. Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves.

PSU Machinema Producer

Port .... numbers..... ???

Well, the JP version of Phantasy Star Universe may utilize Ports 11000-11099 and 12000-12099.
    If you are having problems connecting behind a firewall or router, have these ports forwarded accordingly.
    I can't imagine it being different for US release...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: uhawww on 2006-09-27 23:36 ]</font>

Fantastic. Much appreciated.

Eww, your ISP blocks ports huh? I'd either ask them to remove that feature or move to another company. Sounds like a huge hassle...Kinda sounds like a router would seem redundant? You should ask them to remove it so you can remotely open/close ports as you please.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: RuinedReBirth on 2006-09-28 00:01 ]</font>

Oh great, I was actually going to post about this. For some reason my latency and stuff has just gone completely asshole bamboozled since a few days ago and I suspect it's some odd thing to do with my ISP/Router that's just taken effect recently. Which is strange.

The whole thing has just completely ballsed up, it's been taking minutes between shooting and hit registration, and then switching weapons causes error 51s, 52s and 57s. And it worked fine before.

Right this minute I've also come across this website:

http://k-net.pinky.ne.jp/psu.htm

Which seems to have some sort of info about making it work with specific routers and general net equipment, of course, it's thoroughly Japanese and seems specific to a certain Japanese ISP (click the Aterm and MegaBit Gear links). Blarf.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Lovejuice on 2006-09-28 03:47 ]</font>

PSU Machinema Producer

Firewall? Routers? Is it like a link to a server or something *man, why am I so backwards with this stuf... you learn every day....*

On 2006-09-28 03:47, Zarbolord wrote:
    Firewall? Routers? Is it like a link to a server or something *man, why am I so backwards with this stuf... you learn every day....*
    Uh.. as basic as possible; a piece of hardware that lets your computer communicate to the outside world.

On 2006-09-27 23:26, A2K wrote:
    Hmm, well, I can play the game fine without having to tinker with my router's settings, if that tells you anything at all.
    What router do you use, if you don't mind me asking? I ask because I use linksys and I've had numerous problems with it in the past with games. Networking give me such a massive headache.

I spent six hours last monday trying to connect my PS2 to our home network. Word of advice: If you use WPA encryption, don't buy Linksys' wireless game adapter. Linksys lives in the stoneage and only supports WEP encryption with the game adapter.