Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Of The Untamed

If the animations for females vary enough I wouldn't be suprised if the speeds were slightly different. I'll look into it when I have the time, I still have to schedule an interview for a paper due next week.

Saber (one handed) and Knuckles have different animation depending on the sex.
    I think Dagger and Twin Daggers also have different animations.
    I am sure that Twin Sabers, Twin Claws, Sword and Double Saber have the same animation for both sex.

I think what you did is a nice job, but I think there is one important thing to consider, like in any real time battle the delay is important.
    Thought my gaming experience I could see that dual wield weapons were more efficient by their bigger number of hits and their PAs are often multi target. In the other hand, their single counterpart deals more damages per hit and have less recovery time after their last hit.

It means that you will kill faster with duals, because you will hit more than with a single weapons, but you will have more chance to get hit between two combos, while, with a single weapon, you can often attack and break animation of common enemies.

I think it is something to consider, but it have nothing to do with DPS and attack speed would not be so much affected by this since dual wielded weapons hit more in one string of combo than a single one, they still will have higher speed even if we take recovery time between combos into account.

It could be useful to have a number attached to each time for their "recovery time after the last hit of a combo".
    But I think it is a bit to hard to calculate this time, since it will requires to start the timer right after the last strike hits a target.

I think it would be too difficult to do range weapons since there are quite a bit of variables. For example, when you are planted(don't move) and start going full firing, then you next shots increase in speed. Or so it feels like that to me. Other people have a tested to this in the bow weapons. Meanwhile when moving or strafing speed seems to be consistant. Then there is also your button timing which effects your speed of firing.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: AC9breaker on 2006-10-05 14:56 ]</font>

"Brotherhood asked for no friendship, only loyalty. They stood back to back as the galaxy burned - always brothers, never friends; traitors together unto the last."

Saber, Dagger, Knuckles, Twin Daggers, Twin Claws, and Swords all have different animations based on gender. The only significant difference is with Twin Claws... women get an additional hit with those.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Fironial on 2006-10-05 15:25 ]</font>

Of The Untamed

Ug, an additional hit means that the swing time would be faster for female characters...
    Anyway, working on those delay numbers, halfway done right now.

Of The Untamed

I have updated my original post to include delay time between combos for each weapon type. I myself found the results quite interesting. Enjoy!

Khaaaaaaaaaannn!

If I could ask you to check out something else, if you could compare damage, so the differences are even clearer? I understand it's a lot of work, but it would clear up the differences between knuckles and claws and stuff.

Of The Untamed

I was actually considering comparing attack powers and such, most likely the B rank of GRM, only problem is that certian weapons like double saber and claws are only made by one manufacturer and therefore their attack stats are initially different.

Of The Untamed

Damage comparison table added, take it with a grain of salt however.

Khaaaaaaaaaannn!

Awesome, that does help. Spears are looking good with multiple hits.