Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

im still not convinced twin weapons are worth it especially vs stronger enemies. you trade signifigant attack power for more hits.

sig by gama
    Justina human female Te/Hu maybe braver soon
    Shayla newman female Br/Ra
    Alisha.EXE cast female Bo/Hu
    ship 02 team:none

link ftw

but if your going to use a single saber, how is using 2 gonna have less atp? shouldn't it double it?

nope more like it halves it.

sig by gama
    Justina human female Te/Hu maybe braver soon
    Shayla newman female Br/Ra
    Alisha.EXE cast female Bo/Hu
    ship 02 team:none

On 2006-10-08 00:47, Alisha wrote:
    you trade signifigant attack power for more hits
    Remember mechguns?

Of The Untamed

On 2006-10-08 00:47, Alisha wrote:
    im still not convinced twin weapons are worth it especially vs stronger enemies. you trade signifigant attack power for more hits.
    You are quite correct on this, I was just comparing Twin daggers to Swords though. A weapon such as Spear would probably be much more effective than Twin weapons, but I never use Spear much. I find Double Saber's first PA quite useful in this situation as the enemies have trouble hitting you when you are flying all over the screen. However, when playing online with allies it may be advantageous to keep enemies locked up and flinching in a longer combo. I have not yet played online though so I truly can not say...

Here's a link to vids of the PA's Alexandrious1. You'll see what I mean about the knockdown on the Double Sabers.

Veteran Fighter

On 2006-10-07 11:44, vg_geek86 wrote:

Dont quote me on this, as I havnt played, but from what Ive seen spears only hit multiple enemies if there lined up one after another or grouped 'very' tightly, do to a stabbing motion as aposed to wide open slashing motion with the sword which covers much much more ground. Makes up for it from what Ive seen.
    The spear PA that's available online actually is a cone attack. From the furthest range you can hit two enemies that are standing side by side, however if you're right up against them you can only hit one. This is one of the things that made me change my mind about spears. The second thing that makes spears a lot better than the other weapons is the damage multipler for the PA in combination with the weapon ATP (relative to other weapons)

5* B rank GRM spear = 376
    5* B rank GRM twin dagger = 155
    5* B rank GRM sword = 427
    L20 Duus Duggers (spear) = 180% ATP modifier
    L20 Renkaibuyouzan (twin dagger) = 155% ATP modifier
    L20 Tornado break = 150% ATP modifier

On 2006-10-08 05:38, Kaply wrote:

The spear PA that's available online actually is a cone attack. From the furthest range you can hit two enemies that are standing side by side, however if you're right up against them you can only hit one. This is one of the things that made me change my mind about spears. The second thing that makes spears a lot better than the other weapons is the damage multipler for the PA in combination with the weapon ATP (relative to other weapons)

5* B rank GRM spear = 376
    5* B rank GRM twin dagger = 155
    5* B rank GRM sword = 427
    L20 Duus Duggers (spear) = 180% ATP modifier
    L20 Renkaibuyouzan (twin dagger) = 155% ATP modifier
    L20 Tornado break = 150% ATP modifier

Isn't it because the sword and twin dagger PAs you mentioned the AoE PAs? I can't read japanese so I don't know what they're called. There's an AoE PA for spears as well so you don't have to worry about only hitting one target. Visit that link for PAs in Break's post to view it.
    I'm new here . Please welcome me!

Of The Untamed

I am bumping this due to the realease of the Xbox 360 demo in attempt to prevent noob weapon questions.

Isn't it because the sword and twin dagger PAs you mentioned the AoE PAs? I can't read japanese so I don't know what they're called. There's an AoE PA for spears as well so you don't have to worry about only hitting one target. Visit that link for PAs in Break's post to view it.
    I'm new here . Please welcome me!

That's true but the Deus Dagas (Basic Spear PA) also hits multiple times, racking up damage crazy fast (I <3 my spears)

The AoE PA for the spear Deus Robad, also has a crazy high damage %, although Im only going by the offline stat for that since its still not released online dammit!!! >_<

Of The Untamed

I just realized that this topic got a sticky. Yay for me.