Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I was playing PSO Last night with my level 38 hunter that was loaded with weapons and cash, and all of a sudden while I was teleporting to the ship, my DC reset on its own, and my saved game file was corrupted and I lost everything. The game file is still on my VMU but I get the message that I cannot start a game from that file. I am extremely frustrated, almost to the point of breaking my PSO disc in half to release pent up frustration. I called sega and told them about the problem this morning and they said that they'd have a supervisor call me to help me out, and no one has called yet. Does anyone know if its possible to restore a corrput save? You'd think that with all the save state editors out there for PC games and emulators, that a DC save state editor would come out sooner or later.I refuse to delete my corrupted save, in hope of restoring it eventually. I don't want to spend another 80 hours building a new character from scratch! Someone please help!!

Thanks!

Milan
    Rock Phantom on PSO

you get an answer from Sega on this?

as far as I know you're screwed.. my 20 FOmarl is still on one VMU unusable.. since then I'm back to a 27 FOmarl..

what can I say I liked the FOmarl I had :b

DCKaz

Nothing. I think we just screwed! I have lost most of my interest in PSO over this. Why do all the work, when it could happen again?

Milan

Take the proper precautions dude. I lost my great saves twice!!! Was i mad? Yes really angry and upset. But this is just such a great experience to play it that I went right back and grabbed my controller and started it again. This time I am using a proper "official" Sega VMU

Oddly enough I took the exact opposite approach.

The beautiful sega vmu popped out of my controller, I usually get my chords tangled because of the assinine placement of the chord going into the *front* of the controller (I love you Sega, but that was STUPID) - it dropped when I was getting up, VMU popped out on saving - THAT THING HAS NO GRIP!

Since then I've been using a 3rd party VMU/forcefeedback that LOCKS IN, has saved perfectly each time, and the odds of me dislodging that are less than Sega's VMU ducktape and/or glued in.

But even then, it's not all on the VMU's ability to pop out or mess up the save or even detaching something else accidently - watch the broswer 2.6, watch power outs, watch 'black screen'.. and hope :b

I've rebuilt after a 20 FOmarl loss, still glad I did even though it HURT.. got a 32 FOmarl now.

DCKaz

Coolest Motha on the planet

you could technically make the same file twice ya know as a backup.after starting up a game remove the memory card and put in one with 45 blcks free and quit the game it would make another file on another vmu a backup. i can't believe i typed that and i have not already done it well off to secure my files.

it'll ask you to re-put in the VMU you started with.

Not only that, even if you do (like in my case when it popped out) I was UNABLE TO SAVE.

So I would suggest not only would this copy idea fail, you will ruin the use of your current save.

Try it out with a new character and see, but my guess it as best you won't be able to make another character, at worst you'll not only fail to make a copy, but lose access to your current save.

DCKaz

True. also the little switcharoo witht he memory card doesnt work. You get the msg saying somehting like "please put the original card back in. " so you can't do that.

Rock.. I'm working on the problem right now...

True, on the memory card (from the main DC screen VMU index), you can see your two files there but when I looked at the card through the net (tried attaching the files to be stored away in my email box), there were three files. Two regular ones and one corrupted PSO file.

Ok, so I'm working on transfering the two files back to VMU to see what happens.. I'll keep you posted..

There are numerous post here on how to back up your character via email.

In case you haven't read one of them, here is what you do: Use the DC web browser and login to your email account. Mail a message to yourself and attach the two PSO files with it. Now check your mail and save the attachment on another VMU.