Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I didn't want to ruin the screenshot & movie thread in case there were lots of replies to this video alone.. and not to rag on the PS2 or anything, but stridhiryu030363 from another forum made a video for PSU that demonstrates the slowdown seen on the PS2 version of the game.

I didn't want to ruin the screenshot & movie thread in case there were lots of replies to this video alone..

It's shot offline with a 4 person party in one of the ice levels..

You can view the video here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5cJjjaZmyWU

It's basically just to educate people about the possible slowdown they might experience while playing the PS2 version.

Keep in mind, it's probably going to be quite a bit worse online with 6 person parties and a higher monster count.

Enjoy!
    Creator of Tethealla, Administrator of Ephinea.

Yeah, Its not that bad... NICE vid though.. I'm lovin the envirorment. XBOX FTW.

She was also killing them in one shot, lowering the enemy count and the slowdown. Also the NPC's werent doing much, as aposed to 6 player characters. And the monsters not dying in one shot shooting ice or doing w/e. I can imagine it being pretty bad.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Phalynx on 2006-10-13 00:31 ]</font>

The Purple Shadow

Hmmm I think I can live with that untill I can afford a computer upgrade. Thanks for the video I've been wondering about the ps2 performance.

Woulda been better if she wasnt 1 shotting everything. When there were like 4 or 5 of those booma guys on screen it really started to chug though

Isn't Mizuraki Preserve even worse as far as slowdown goes though?

The slowdown gets worse in different pats of the video.. just depends on the number of enemies on the screen and what's going on, really. Human players will most likely use PAs a lot more.. plus the party online will be 6 people instead of 4 (like I said earlier) .. I think there's more enemies online as well.

So, yeah, it might get very annoying.. but hopefully if you have an ass kicking party, it won't be so bad. =P

EDIT: I agree about the one shot thing.. don't know if Mizuraki is better or worse, cuz I never got to this level on the PS2.. I didn't even get that far on the PS2 version..

Maybe I can ask him to make another video where he's not one shotting everything...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: watashiwa on 2006-10-13 00:39 ]</font>
    Creator of Tethealla, Administrator of Ephinea.

There is a short (41 sec) one on Yahoo too. I don't know if it's slow down or if the weapons just take that long to change.

Anyways I can't link directly to the video so you will have to click to it.

http://videogames.yahoo.com/gamevide...&page=0&eid=-1

Just click the "watch" link under Game Play Movie 3 at the top, then when the player opens, at the bottom click on Game Play Movie 1 it's the one that don't have a screen shot with it (the other Game Play Movie 1's are PC and or XBox). When he switches weapons it seems to take about 3-4 seconds for them to show in his hands. Mostly notice it when he switches from a shotgun to 2 sabres at the end.

I don't see a link to open it to play Movie 1 on the site is the reason to click Movie 3 to open the player.

I see dumb people... tyler2zelda's Avatar

I don't mind that 3-4 second switch at all. I'm far used to that by now.
    Looks like Ps2 won't be that bad, and they have fixed the slowdown slightly.
    "...and thus, Dark Falz is reborn. From another dimension, he conquers the souls of those on other planes of existence. He cannot be defeated, but we may try to contain it... for someday we shall perish."

Oh come on that slowdown is not that bad... ever played MMX8? THAT'S some bad slowdown =P

A caseal contruction lab, someplace on the guardians colony...

I'd imagine the weapon-switch-delay lag would be caused due to servers being halfway around the world... With servers in our back yard, I'd expect it to be faster.

Making a Mega Man clone! Check it out! http://gigaguygame.blogspot.com/