Hello.

On the weekends, I visit my Grandparents for the two days, then come back home. Right now they have MSN (Dial Up) as their Internet Service Provider. When PSU comes out, I plan to play when I can, and that includes weekends.

So until I can talk them into getting a Broadband connection, does anyone know if the PS2 Version of PSU will support both Dial Up and Broadband? Or Just Broadband?

Thank you.

I think both? But I'm not too sure, so don't take my word for it.

The PS2 supports both dial up and broadband for sure. I played another online game (EQOA) with dial up for 2 years before switching to broadband. Note: I have the older PS2, not the slim version. the old PS2 add on we had to buy at the time has like 2 ports, 1 for dial-up and one for high speed. (I hope that helps).

PSU can only be played with broadband. There are some forums that talk about being able to use dial up but im not sure

I'm pretty sure that you cannot use dialup. On the box, it even says Broadband ONLY.

If you can connect your ps2 to broadband which is a feat in itself then youll have to put up with the constant lag, apart from that yeah youll be able to play

I see dumb people... tyler2zelda's Avatar

My friend already tried dial-up, it's unusable.
    "...and thus, Dark Falz is reborn. From another dimension, he conquers the souls of those on other planes of existence. He cannot be defeated, but we may try to contain it... for someday we shall perish."

If you can connect your ps2 to broadband which is a feat in itself then youll have to put up with the constant lag, apart from that yeah youll be able to play _________________

Um...huh? Connecting a PS2 using a broadband connection was...really, really easy. UNLESS you are talking about finding a Network adapter for sale somewhere...that is fiendishly difficult. But if you already have an adapter or have a slim PS2, it's simple.

As for lag, I have encountered very little. And I am usually online with my computer on the same network while playing PSU... *shrug*